Talk

Advanced search

Reasonably priced ski wear

(14 Posts)
msrisotto Tue 04-Apr-17 09:49:04

Where do you buy yours? I have looked a bit online but would prefer to try some things on (salopettes and jacket) before buying if I can help it....or maybe I should just take advantage of any free returns policies I see? Anyway, any tips? I live in west midlands for any physical shop recommendations!

PestoSwimissimos Tue 04-Apr-17 10:03:25

I highly recommend

Surfanic

Very reasonable & good quality smile

massistar Tue 04-Apr-17 13:27:32

I've always found loads in TK Maxx but it very much depends on the store.. Glasgow one is amazing, the Swansea one not so much. We also have a McCarthur Glen outlet with an O'Neill and a Snow and Rock which is great, especially if you go at end of this season for next.

Piffpaffpoff Tue 04-Apr-17 13:32:05

Aldi stuff is pretty good and dirt cheap. Our two nearest stores still have some stuff lurking in the aisle of nonsense. Even if you don't want their outerwear, the thermals and accessories (helmets, goggles etc are amazingly good for the price)

CaitAgusMadra Tue 04-Apr-17 13:49:24

Second TK Maxx, got some great Lafuma jackets there last year

Skilover Tue 04-Apr-17 15:12:12

Decathlon are usually good too...

kittykarate Tue 04-Apr-17 16:26:02

Decathlon are pretty good if you're not plus size or short legged.

Mail order you can get some reasonable bargains at www.regattaoutlet.co.uk in the Dare2B section.

I've never found anything in my local TK Maxx but they are such a lottery!

Muchtoomuchtodo Tue 04-Apr-17 22:56:22

Mountain Warehouse and Tog 24 have been great for us recently.

Wish we had a decathlon closer to us.

SkiYesPlease Wed 05-Apr-17 18:08:24

Ive found the best bargains to be in TKMaxx and online. H &M is also worth a look. There's not many options for physical stores and in my experience they don't always stock the brand/size you're after. There's a decathlon at Wednesbury and a snow and rock in Birmingham which can sometimes have a good sale. Sail and ski closed in Shrewsbury but I believe they still have a Chester store. Ellis Brigham at Tamworth .....I'm struggling to think of any others.

msrisotto Wed 05-Apr-17 18:53:26

Thanks all. It seems that the bargains are probably on line which is a bit of a pain as I want to try on, but maybe there'll be free returns!

PestoSwimissimos Thu 06-Apr-17 13:10:47

Surfanic has free returns.

When DD2 had her 1st ski trip she was extremely fussy, so I ordered a selection of jackets for her to try & then we returned the rest!

NisekoWhistler Thu 06-Apr-17 15:41:35

Go to Ellis brigham or snow and rock etc see what brands you like, what size fits best and hop on eBay. New or second hand whatever suits you

HotelEuphoria Sun 16-Apr-17 20:11:30

I actually bought a beautiful ski jacket from Sports Direct online, only problem is returning them, if they are no good, you can't take them back to store and have to pay to post them.

shirleycartersaidso Sun 16-Apr-17 20:12:41

Decathlon are fab if you have one near you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now