Talk

Advanced search

Tignes Le Breviere?

(6 Posts)
massistar Tue 28-Mar-17 22:25:41

Looking for next year.. anyone been to Tignes Le Breviere? Have found some great accommodation but heard it can be a bit of a nightmare getting to decent slopes from there?

stringbean Thu 30-Mar-17 16:46:31

It's right at the bottom of the resort so you have to take a gondola and then ski down into Tignes Le Lac iirc. I think it would be fine for a weekend as it's quicker to access but I wouldn't choose it for a week, especially if you want to make use of an Espace Killy lift pass. Personally, I'd stay higher up in Le Lac or Val Claret. Also depends on when you plan to visit - the snow can get slushy quite quickly later in the season and you'd spend a lot of time on lifts etc getting to better snow higher up.

LakeFlyPie Fri 31-Mar-17 00:37:04

We stayed in Les Brev last Easter and are going back this weekend 😁
Snow was still ok in April last year and it was perfect for DC 1st family ski holiday (spent 1st couple of days pootling about on free chair up and down the 'summer road' blue run).
Couple of chairs and you're on the gondola and up high with loads of options available.
We loved the more villagey feel and found it a great base for a laid back holiday although we weren't looking to race all over Espace Killy dawn til dusk.

massistar Fri 31-Mar-17 20:36:11

Ooh 2 very different opinions!! It's Feb half term so hopefully snow will be good!

dontcallmethatyoucunt Sun 02-Apr-17 07:25:11

In Feb I can't believe it would be anything other than good. I've skied Tignes in April (a couple of times) and that low is very slushy. Feb should be fine.
.... did you book?

massistar Tue 04-Apr-17 13:25:02

Yep all booked! The chalet looks amazing! Can't wait.. just need to get get pesky summer out of the way.. ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now