Talk

Advanced search

Love and hugs required 😩😩

(15 Posts)
lovetoskimum Tue 21-Feb-17 09:47:42

Needing some kind words and just feeling sorry for myself, slipped down two stairs last week, broken bottom of my fibula, so sad no ski for us now, gutted 😩😩😩 just want some friendly talk xxx

trixymalixy Tue 21-Feb-17 12:10:32

Oh no!!!!!! How gutting for you. This is my recurring nightmare in the weeks leading up to a ski holiday.

You're always the one that's so excited about skiing on here too.

thanksthanks

itsawonderfulworld Tue 21-Feb-17 12:28:21

Oh no sad Big hugs! Really feel for you.

I tripped on the stairs and sprained my ankle really badly a few weeks before our ski holiday a few years ago (90% tear according to the physio). Luckily I was still able to go, with intense physio beforehand, and skiing actually helped heal it, since it was kept stable in the boot.

lovetoskimum Tue 21-Feb-17 13:03:27

Thanks guys, I thought I was just sprained had been walking around on it for a week!! The good thing is hotel is transferring to next year at no charge!! Just need to rest, and still join in these boards to help me through!! 😁😁🎿🎿🎿 next March xx

PestoSnowissimos Tue 21-Feb-17 16:34:46

So sorry Lovetoskimum, my fractures send best wishes to yours grin

Muchtoomuchtodo Tue 21-Feb-17 17:18:08

Oh no. These things happen so easily. Good of the hotel to transfer your booking but I can't imagine how disappointed you are.

WelshMoth Sun 26-Feb-17 13:05:18

Huge sympathies!

On day 3, I was cruising down a blue and a line of youngsters with an ESF instructor bombed past me in race position. One kid took me clean out and I cracked at least 1rib and have whiplash. Still in agony now and it ruined my ski holiday.

WelshMoth Sun 26-Feb-17 13:06:37

Sorry - didn't proof read...

Came home yesterday and it's bloody sore.

Having a rant OP - sorry to butt into your thread - I'm gutted for you.

lovetoskimum Sun 26-Feb-17 14:47:51

Hey welsh, no worries, sounds awful, where were you skiing xx

WelshMoth Sun 26-Feb-17 15:45:24

Courchevel 1850.

Work tomorrow and I just want to curl up.

PestoSnowissimos Sun 26-Feb-17 21:28:26

So sorry to hear this WelshMoth sad

Have you got some strong pain killers?

nightswimming1 Sun 26-Feb-17 22:42:25

Oh Welsh sad so sorry, I was wondering how you had fared... wish you better soon.

massistar Tue 28-Feb-17 19:48:37

So sorry lovetoskimum.. you must be devastated! Gutted for you. sad

And you welsh.. what a nightmare!

WelshMoth Tue 28-Feb-17 20:56:16

Thanks - yes, co-codamols and plenty of ibuprofen so my bowels are up the swanny too.

Ribs will take a while apparently.

love completely gutted for you flowers

massistar Wed 01-Mar-17 09:29:03

Welshmoth.. my husband got his ribs cracked when one of his mates crashed into him on his snowboard. Hurts like hell.. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now