Talk

Advanced search

Goggles Recommendations

(9 Posts)
Gingefringe Wed 08-Feb-17 07:27:56

Any recommendations for women's goggles? My old goggles have now given up they were rubbish anyway - are there any out there that don't fog up?
Going ski-ing in 10 days - counting sleeps now!!

MidLifeCrisis007 Wed 08-Feb-17 12:04:59

It pays to buy a versatile goggle that works in both bright and flat lights - something with say c20% light transmission. I think the Bolle Carves are great value (must get the vermillion lens though).

www.amazon.co.uk/Bolle-Carve-Ski-Goggles-Sunrise/dp/B00861UMR6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486555226&sr=8-1&keywords=bolle%2Bgoggles&th=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21

Alternatively, if you're happy to spend a bit more, go for an Oakley goggle with their versatile Persimmon lens.

LadyPenelopeCantDance Wed 08-Feb-17 12:54:36

I have ladies Smith googles that I like for all round use. If I was to buy new ones, however, I would go for ones with an interchangeable lense.

The all round ones are generally good, but I struggled this year with them in flat light towards the end of the day.

massistar Wed 08-Feb-17 13:31:51

I've got Oakley ones with interchangeable lenses. A bit pricey but they never steam up like some of my friends ones do.

TheProblemOfSusan Mon 13-Feb-17 14:21:27

I've just bought some Oakley line Miners in the torch colour. They were quite pricey but oakley do seem to be the brand to go for - lots of criticism in the shops of their old ranges but apparently this year's are much better or I've been had.

But don't buy from the Oakley shop - mine were £35 more expensive in there! And get a student to buy them for you, 10% off in Snow+Rock now.

TheProblemOfSusan Mon 13-Feb-17 14:22:39

Oh and they have three months done range lens colours to go for, which are great in most conditions, with a black one which looks really cool but is only for bright sun and a lovely rose pink one but that's only for very low light.

TheProblemOfSusan Mon 13-Feb-17 14:23:14

... Um. Three mid range lens colours. No idea what happened there, sorry!

witchmountain Tue 14-Feb-17 22:36:12

I have Smith with the interchangeable lenses. Get the same brand as your helmet, assuming you wear one, so the vents line up to stop them misting. I always thought that was marketing bollocks, but turns out it works.

Loopy9 Sun 09-Apr-17 20:33:47

I'd recommend Summit goggles. I bought some that have interchangeable lenses so if it's a white-out or sunny you can see where you're going. Not bad prices either www.summitworldwide.eu

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now