Talk

Advanced search

1 week today.....

(23 Posts)
PuddleglumtheMarshWiggle Sun 05-Feb-17 13:49:48

...and I'll be whizzing down the slopes! Can't wait. Snow reports are all good. Just need to get through this week at work, keep doing the squats and get packing.
Happy skiing everyone 😀

PestoSnowissimos Sun 05-Feb-17 14:15:57

And one week today I shall be arriving in the mountains - cannot wait!!
Where are you going Puddleglum?

PuddleglumtheMarshWiggle Mon 06-Feb-17 08:32:55

Schladming in Austria. Been there once before and remember it as being really cold! Plenty of layers and plenty of stops for hot chocolate. grin

Sandsnake Mon 06-Feb-17 08:47:27

envyenvyenvy

Couldn't be more jealous! Last went two years ago where DH and I had such a good time that we conceived DS... So sadly no skiing for us for a couple more years. Seriously though, have a great time - hoping for snowy nights and sunny days for you!

PestoSnowissimos Mon 06-Feb-17 09:45:04

Thanks Sandsnake! I do hope you manage to go skiing soon. I had a break of 19 years from snow skiing after getting engaged & starting a family. DH didn't want the hassle & expense of skiing with children sad. I did, however, keep my hand in by dry skiing at every opportunity, but it's not the same.
Am now trying to make up for all those lost years!

PuddleglumtheMarshWiggle Mon 06-Feb-17 13:16:53

Thank you Sandsnake. We also took a 9 year break when I found I was pregnant. (Was skiing at 3 months pg, holiday was planned, baby was a bit of a surprise!)
Then started the kids at 8 and 5. Now teenagers and we can hardly keep up with them.
Now wondering how long we can keep it up until we get too old!

PestoSnowissimos Mon 06-Feb-17 13:36:14

Hi Puddleglum, wishing you a fab time next week in Schladming. I will be thinking of you skiing at the same time as us. I don't think you're ever too old to ski really, provided you're fit & healthy. I intend to continue on, way into my dotage. I am still faster than DD2, but she has young legs & is fitter than me, so we tend to balance each other out nicely. I can catch my breath whilst she catches up!

massistar Tue 07-Feb-17 17:54:21

11 sleeps for us!! Off to Austria too! So excited!

massistar Tue 07-Feb-17 17:55:05

I'm starting to worry about going from middle aged snowboarder to pensioner snowboarder but too late to take up skis!

Artandco Tue 07-Feb-17 17:59:41

We have been to Austria twice this ski season! (Xmas week and long weekend last week). Fabulous. The pistes nice and snowy, not too crowded, and goulash soup and gluwein on slopes

IsletsOfLangerhans Tue 07-Feb-17 19:24:07

9 more sleeps for us! Can't wait, especially as it's now proper snowy in the Dolomites!

PetraDelphiki Tue 07-Feb-17 19:26:27

Ooh where are you going in the Dolomites? We are going to corvara....

Tigresswoods Tue 07-Feb-17 19:28:58

Jealous!!!! If the county we live in & the one our friends live in had the same February half term we'd be on our way too!

We're going at Easter instead so just 2 months to go!

Enjoy!!!!

If anyone know how hot/cold it will be in the French Alps in April?!?! Never skied so late but I reckon jackets may be surplus to requirements in the afternoon!?

lovetoskimum Tue 07-Feb-17 19:33:29

Tigress, quite warm take plenty of sun screen, have fun, where are you going??, 5 weeks for us, can not wait is an understatement!!! Xxx

Tigresswoods Tue 07-Feb-17 19:39:11

St Martin de Belleville. Been before but in a Feb half term. We are driving so we can hop in the car & get up to Val Thorens if necessary. Also we know there's a bubble we can take up to two separate chairs if low pistes are sparse.

We got DS7 a lovely thick all in one suit to grow into last year. I reckon he'll fry! I've got him some dungaree salopettes off eBay & I reckon he'll be ok in those & a hoodie if it's v hot. I've got memories of skiing in a rugby shirt in my teens & that was definitely march.

thatdearoctopus Tue 07-Feb-17 20:16:22

We're off on to Vars (in the Southern Alps) on Saturday, at some ungodly hour.

Can't wait.

PestoSnowissimos Tue 07-Feb-17 21:03:01

Have fun Octopus! We're doing the ungodly hour thing on Sunday - 5 more sleeps grin

Buttercupsandaisies Tue 07-Feb-17 21:40:38

Off to Andorra this Sunday - soooo excited!!!

PestoSnowissimos Tue 07-Feb-17 22:09:35

Whereabouts in Andorra Buttercups? I have very fond memories of Andorra pre-dcs smile

Buttercupsandaisies Tue 07-Feb-17 22:20:00

Soldeu - been Pas de la casa pre kids but it's been 12 years so really looking forward to it. Spent the last few weekends at chill factor to brush up 😁

IsletsOfLangerhans Tue 07-Feb-17 22:24:39

Petradelphiki - going to Latemar-Obereggen.

PetraDelphiki Wed 08-Feb-17 07:56:01

Enjoy...

PestoSnowissimos Wed 08-Feb-17 09:44:21

Ooh Soldeu!! That will be fab. It was always a super resort for Brits and families, but it will be so much better now that it has linked up to Grau Roig and Pas de la Casa. Absolutely tons of skiing!!

Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now