Talk

Advanced search

Skiing holiday next year for family of 6 with other activities too

(8 Posts)
ricepolo Tue 31-Jan-17 15:15:56

We'd like to take the children away next year for some skiing but also some other winter/snow activities. They'll be 7, 4, 3 and 6m (currently pg).

How is this best to do? Organising flights and accommodation ourselves and then getting ski school/lift hire for just a few days? We don't really want to pay for ski passes and equipment for a full week in case the kids hate it!

Any advice? Where's best to go? Not fussed about apres ski (see the kids' ages!). We've only ever been skiing pre-children with a big group of friends which is totally different to this so are a little lost as to where to begin!!

Buttercupsandaisies Tue 31-Jan-17 20:37:30

With those ages I'd go to laplandcwith inghams- you can ski but also do the whole Santa thing (even after Xmas!) and sledge, huskily and snowmobiles, skidoos, ice hotels etc. Inghams fly direct too, I went to Saariselka and it was like narnia

hotsweetpotato Tue 31-Jan-17 21:17:25

We are in les deuce alpes at the moment,
Lots of family friendly bars/restaurants here,
Plus lots of green/blue runs.
Ice skating, swimming pool, ice cave & lots of other activities to do 😊

hotsweetpotato Tue 31-Jan-17 21:18:09

Meant les deux alpes.....

dontcallmethatyoucunt Tue 31-Jan-17 21:43:24

I was coming on to say go to Ruka in Finland. Great place, great lessons for the kids. It can be cold, but we wrapped up and it was fine. Father Christmas was so amazing I think I left a believer grin he had my daughter singing him songs and we made ginger biscuits with mother Christmas.
Husky rides we great too
Loads of snow activities.
Log fires in little huts on the pistes.
I've skied a lot and it was one of my best ever holidays.

ricepolo Wed 01-Feb-17 08:50:52

Brill. Thank you. I'll get researching!

dontcallmethatyoucunt Wed 01-Feb-17 16:04:01

If you look at Ruka on trip adviser there are some good reviews of activities

jo164 Wed 01-Feb-17 22:16:28

Also going to suggest Lapland... We ski in Levi, lots of activities, can buy ski passes by the day and if you want lessons can book private instructors by hour/morning/day etc. Great place for families. Very cold at Christmas though so I'd suggest Easter. Snow is always still very good then - you can still visit Santa if you want to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now