Talk

Advanced search

Childcare for 3 month old in French Alps?

(5 Posts)
babyinthacorner Fri 20-Jan-17 09:27:24

Hi - just that really! We have a 3 month old and 4 year old, who will be in ski school.
I initially didn't think I'd be able to go on a snowboarding holiday this year as didn't think I could leave the baby, but it'll be our last opportunity to go outside of school holidays. We asked my parents to come with us and look after the baby but my mum is worried about him being so little and her mobility in the snow.
We haven't decided on a resort - but possibly paridiski area. We're not even tied to France, but assumed childcare would be more plentiful.
Any advice welcome...

anotherdayanothersquabble Fri 20-Jan-17 22:55:46

I cam highly recommend Jack Frost nannies in the Portes du Soleil, Morzine / Les Gets. We used them for a number of years, odd days here and there, weekends, babysitting etc. We got to know a few nannies each year and they were all lovely people. The owner Jill, is amazing and very hands own, driving the nannies and their boxes of crafts and games. They also did ski school pick up / drop off and were flexible on days, hours etc.

We also used Chilli Powder in Morzine and Family Ski if you want a catered chalet.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Sat 21-Jan-17 19:32:20

We used T4 Nannies in Tignes, Vsl d'isere (and others). Really excellent service.

We also did esprit and mark Warner. Our DD was 1 when we went with MW and there were babies there too.

Muchtoomuchtodo Mon 23-Jan-17 22:30:31

Have a look at companies like Esprit, Ski Famille and Family Ski Company.

babyinthacorner Wed 01-Feb-17 11:26:48

Just bumping this - looks like we'll be going back to Val Thorens. We went last year - where I found out I was pg!
ESF have a crèche for babies from 3 months. Anyone have any experience of this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now