Talk

Advanced search

Ski's

(5 Posts)
WelshMoth Sun 15-Jan-17 21:09:14

I'm trying to sort out ski hire now. DH and the DD's are all having 'bronze' ski's - versatile ski's to give them confidence.

I've skied a lot - never owned my own ski's though because of cost, storage and skiing just once a year. I'm torn between hiring the intermediate (what I usually get) and the Gold ("•Side Cut : 127/76/103
•Sizes: 156-166-176 - A allround ski for cruising fast on reds or steep turns on blacks. But equally fantastic spraying through the powder.").

Any ski instructors out there that can advise me? I'm 5'3".

Aftershock15 Mon 16-Jan-17 17:26:06

I can't advise on if the skis are suitable but will just observe that when I upgraded to 'performance' rentals I was amazed at how much better they were. Are you committed to a single pair all holiday? With the performance I was always able to change them for a different ski if I wanted to try one out. When I found one I loved I bought a pair.

WelshMoth Mon 16-Jan-17 19:13:29

Aftershock thank you for that. That's really helpful.

Out of interest, where did you see the most difference?

Aftershock15 Sun 22-Jan-17 12:58:42

I think for me it was the quality of the edges and the pair I have have a natural turning range that seems to suit my style. I like to cruise and they have quite a long turn. So I could turn easily and then not skitter on the end of the turn - just push the snow out the sides rather than the bottom of the turn.

WelshMoth Sun 22-Jan-17 17:35:44

Thanks Aftershock. Im definitely going to ask about upgrading for the day just to see.

Exciting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now