Talk

Advanced search

Car seats on coach transfers

(8 Posts)
Cyclingforcake Thu 15-Dec-16 14:16:06

We're off skiing this season with Mark Warner with DS who is 2. What do people do about the coach transfer from the airport to the resort? He has a seat with a lap belt but they don't provide child seats. Do people take their car seat or do we just strap him in with the lap belt? I've never seen people with car seats on these transfers in my pre-children days but then I wasn't really looking either.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Thu 15-Dec-16 16:07:06

I've never seen anyone with a full car seat, but I've seen plenty of booster seats. The trunki booster was popular last time we went.

savagehk Thu 15-Dec-16 16:09:44

We went with a 3 month old once, they provided a baby seat, which was clearly meant for a toddler. We would take our own seat in future if possible, but if it's lap belt only there are very few seats that would fit anyway. Is it a full coach or a minibus type thing?

BoffinMum Wed 21-Dec-16 18:08:54

With bus trips like this, I just plonk my kids in without car seats and get on with it.

drspouse Thu 22-Dec-16 08:59:44

I'm afraid I've just put ours as bigger toddlers (1/2/3) in without car seats. They didn't provide any.

Even if we'd taken our own infant seat we might not have been able to strap it in for DD when she was 8 months, so I took her in the sling (as she would have slipped under the waist belt!)

Cyclingforcake Thu 22-Dec-16 09:15:52

Thanks everyone. I was inclined to take him without a seat but was worried I was going to look like an irresponsible parent if I did that.

trixymalixy Thu 22-Dec-16 09:17:41

Trunki booster seats.

drspouse Thu 22-Dec-16 09:28:35

Trunki seats are only from 4 (we've just got one for our 4yo for occasional use).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now