Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone find me reasonably priced neon coloured ski jacket and trousers for a 10 year.

(12 Posts)
anotherdayanothersquabble Wed 12-Oct-16 21:01:10

It's all she wants. . And I don't want to spend a fortune. £200 for both absolute tops!!

massistar Thu 13-Oct-16 11:32:04

I love Picture Clothing for kids... always nice bright colours. This one isn't quite neon but is very reasonably priced. Look for some of their other stuff..

www.ellis-brigham.com/products/picture-girls-pearl-jacket/410404

www.picture-organic-clothing.com/collection/maty/

anotherdayanothersquabble Thu 13-Oct-16 12:27:42

Picture is not a bad idea. Looks like I am a little early for full stock maybe. I think I was hoping for cheaper but Picture stuff is rarely heavily discounted except odd sizes. The ones on EB's site are lovely (if she were remotely drawn to pink). May need to decide if I am prepared to spend £250 (which I think not...)

massistar Thu 13-Oct-16 12:33:18

No, it's a lot when kids don't get as many seasons out of their ski gear as we do! Also worth keeping an eye out in TK Maxx.. we got my DS a cracking Bonfire jacket in bright purple and green a couple of years ago, can spot him on the slopes for miles!

AnchorDownDeepBreath Thu 13-Oct-16 12:33:30

Neon is always the top fashion, so finding anything cheap will be a challenge, especially if you want quality.

Picture were my first thought too.

LIZS Thu 13-Oct-16 12:45:39

Has h and m got theirs in yet. Usually on trend and good spec.

LooseSeal Thu 13-Oct-16 12:56:58

I don't know much about ski wear but I'd try eBay, i find it's the best place for cheap children's sports/hobby clothing.

timeexperiencer Thu 13-Oct-16 13:00:43

Decathlon have some bright colours and for much less than £200. I've always been happy with the quality, but I'm not a skier.

LIZS Thu 13-Oct-16 13:10:10

Sports direct have a Spyder jacket in neon green but £160+ so not much left for trousers (£50+) . Worth checking eBay, we've had some great designer ski bargains.

anonymousbird Thu 13-Oct-16 13:10:46

Decathlon definitely worth a shot, DS has an amazingly bright almost luminous blue jacket from there a couple of years back! Very warm and still looks great.

And, controversial I know, but Nevica at Sports Direct had a fabulous set of pink and purple stuff for DD last year.... DH was v. dubious and said it would be crap quality, but the jacket was gorgeous, very warm and looked as good as new after nearly 3 weeks use...

dontcallmethatyoucunt Thu 13-Oct-16 18:32:00

Nevica used to be the team GB sponsors, their stuff is fab!... and they do neon, my DH glows!

Spleenz Thu 01-Dec-16 10:10:47

We're skiing with the kids for the first time over Christmas. We bought the main bits for them at a local ski shop and near fainted at the bill. I've been buying other bits like spare thermals etc online (Go Outdoors have thermals sets for £5) and wishing I'd done the same for the other bits. I've stumbled onto this site which seems like a good idea, particularly for the kids stuff that they'll grow out of as soon as look at it. This is a very bright looking jacket they have for kids.
skismart.co.uk/product/spyder-boys-vail-jacket-bryte-yellow-rrp-329-99/
Obviously I haven't used them so I can't comment on the service etc but it's definitely something I'll consider if we go again. It might be worth a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now