Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ski hat for teenage boy

(9 Posts)
OverAndAbove Sat 01-Oct-16 19:24:17

I'm looking for a really good ski hat for a 15yo; it's a present and I'm happy to spend proper money on it.

Can anyone recommend a brand or factors to look for? My family are all cold-blooded so we'll wear anything or nothing, so I really don't know what to look for. Thanks

Sleepybunny Sat 01-Oct-16 19:29:13

My DH has something like this:

Swears it's the most comfortable and warmest he's been. Especially good for cold days in the early season.
He may need a bit of a strong personality to pull it off smile

Sleepybunny Sat 01-Oct-16 19:29:34

www.beardhead.co.uk/product/trapper-classic/

Forgot the link sorry

OverAndAbove Sat 01-Oct-16 19:42:29

Interesting! Does your DH wear it with the optional beard?

I think said teenager may be better with a beanie style as he's a slim build of boy, but appreciate the recommendation!

thehugemanatee Sat 01-Oct-16 19:47:44

Is this to go under a helmet? A hat alone won't protect him in a fall. Should be wearing something like this with hat under if he needs it for warmth IMO:

http://www.evo.com/helmets/salomon-quest-helmet.aspx?gclid=CLaU-52ius8CFQMIaQodlkkEHw#image=84082/399035/salomon-quest-helmet-black-matte.jpg&select=true&utmmedium=shoppingengine&utmm_source=googlebase&utm_campaign=EB-84082-1008

Artandco Sat 01-Oct-16 19:49:38

Helmet for skiing for sure, not just a hat

But for around town or outside look at finisterre hats

OverAndAbove Sat 01-Oct-16 19:51:30

Oh sorry no I should have been clearer. It's for general wear round the resort; he has a helmet which he wears all the time. That's why d like to find what is cool!

mary21 Tue 04-Oct-16 17:56:39

Ds16 wears a plain black beanie (bought in Aldi but keep that quiet !)
Otherwise check out makes he likes. Adidas ,supreme, palace, cahart seem to be on trend around here but wear you live may be different

Sleepybunny Tue 04-Oct-16 19:07:41

DH is all about the beard warmer and does insist on the full compliment. The does wear the beard balaclava with a helmet for additional twattishness.

Are all the teens not wearing Burton beanies still?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now