Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Monte Bordone ski resort in Italian Dolomites?

(7 Posts)
CloneMeNow Fri 15-Apr-16 08:44:30

Thinking about booking here - novice ski-ing family (only the kids age 5 - 9 will be ski-ing). Thinking about this resort as it has a hotel that can cater for gluten-free (coeliac family members) very close to the slopes. Anyone got any experience?

IsletsOfLangerhans Sun 17-Apr-16 08:43:49

I haven't heard of that resort, but we stayed in a fantastic hotel near Obereggen in the Dolomites (Hotel Pfoesl) which catered exceptionally well for gluten-free. It was 5 minutes in the free bus to the slopes (which were great for us as novice family) and the girls (8 & 10) loved the ski school. Have a look.

CloneMeNow Mon 18-Apr-16 14:16:07

That's really helpful thanks Islets, I will check it out!

massistar Mon 18-Apr-16 18:57:34

Could you mean Monte Bondone? I've been there in the summer.. Very small resort so looks like the skiing would be pretty limited. The drive up from Trento is hellish.

If it is indeed Bordone then please ignore me. grin

CloneMeNow Tue 19-Apr-16 15:34:37

No, it's definitely Bondone! Sorry - I didn't even notice the typo in my OP! Limited skiing not a problem, as kids all beginners - in fact, limited is probably ideal. Hellish journey not so good though. We'd be in a taxi rather than driving it ourselves, does that make a difference? How long is the journey?

massistar Wed 20-Apr-16 10:09:54

It's around 45 minutes up from Trento in the summer. what airport would you be flying into? It's a very very winding road. Feels like you're going round the mountain in circles!

There isn't much there once you're up the mountain but if you're half board in the hotel I guess that isn't an issue.

CloneMeNow Fri 22-Apr-16 13:15:10

Prob flying to Verona. DC get car sick at the best of times, so the windy road could be an issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now