Talk

Advanced search

Family Friendly ski holiday

(12 Posts)
icicle64 Wed 24-Feb-16 11:55:02

I'm so tempted to book a family ski holiday with www.ernalow.co.uk - can any of you recommend family friendly resorts and apartments please or help? smile

Skilover Wed 24-Feb-16 15:31:56

Hi Icicle64, I work for www.ernalow.co.uk and we would love to help you with a booking. How old will your kids be and when are you thinking of going? Let me know and I can give you some suggestions?
grin

icicle64 Thu 25-Feb-16 11:00:20

Hi Skilover – thanks for getting in touch. I know it’s a bit late in the day but I was looking for the best resort to take my two girls (who will be 8 and 9 in March) over the Easter hols. I was thinking of using it as a birthday treat for them (and myself of course!). All help and advice appreciated. smile

Skilover Thu 25-Feb-16 15:41:30

Hi again Icicle, I would really recommend Arc 1950 www.ernalow.co.uk/france/les-arcs/arc-1950 as a great family friendly ski holiday destination. Do you want to give me a call on 020 7584 2841 and I can give you some more suggestions and advice?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
smile

dontcallmethatyoucunt Sun 28-Feb-16 15:31:31

Easter? Go high. Tignes, Cervinia, Val Thorens. Or find a glacier and that means there will be lots above a good level for chill factor. Val D' or Les2Alpes.

Somewhere like Laplagne has a glacier but it takes a lot of getting to.

Easter can be very warm so you'll need very snow sure.

UnDeuxTroisCatsSank Sun 28-Feb-16 16:09:13

I agree that you need somewhere high at that time of year to get the snow. But I would not recommend Les Deux Alpes. It is not family friendly and it is not a pretty resort. Other than the glacier, it has nothing going for it, IMHO.

DarkBlueEyes Sun 28-Feb-16 16:12:29

I've skied at Tignes and Belle Plagne at Easter and it's been great. If you can get a room with Esprit at Belle Plagne then do it, their hotel is amazing! BP is probably better than Tignes in many ways as the run back from Val is challenging (though of course you can take the gondola). Enjoy!

dontcallmethatyoucunt Sun 28-Feb-16 20:59:50

The thing is, one season does not 'make' a resort good. I honestly think it's high, high, high.

Not pretty? grin, snow is what I'm after. I would concede Les2alpes has lots of learned slopes low down so perhaps isn't great for complete beginners.

I think Easter is a tricky time as you need to be high. Tignes is ugly in many ways, barren of trees, concrete, but you can go high and stay high. You can forget skiing down from many places as it's just slush by lunch.

I love La Plagne, but I wouldn't go at Easter, but perhaps I'm overly fussy about how much terrain would be 'good' snow. I think Easter is a compromise. Last year it had dumped the week before we arrived and was fab, the year before, not as good.

We've used Ski total and Esprit in Tignes. Both serve high tea. T 4 nannies was a great way of covering childcare to bad some extra skiing.

UnDeuxTroisCatsSank Mon 29-Feb-16 02:15:36

Not sure what you mean by learned slopes?

DarkBlueEyes Mon 29-Feb-16 07:14:26

Think she means learner. We've done Tignes and belle plagne and Zurs at Easter and had amazing snow but it's luck of the drawer. Go high.

UnDeuxTroisCatsSank Mon 29-Feb-16 11:28:21

Oh, yes, you're right!

dontcallmethatyoucunt Mon 29-Feb-16 20:35:54

Yes sorry learner ... I can ski better than I can type, luckily grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now