Talk

Advanced search

Update for newbies -Success skiing after 20 years -Just back from pistes-Great time

(13 Posts)
beachhead Sun 21-Feb-16 11:15:37

Hey skiaholics mums, i wanted to post, we've had a good ski holiday, after i was apprehensive about taking first family skiing holiday.

Got hubbie addicted too it was his first time, said he got adrenaline rush out of it.my younger son too loved it.

Only issue I had was the boots, I wasn't expecting the daily struggle to squeeze feet into memory foam lining.

lovetoskimum Mon 22-Feb-16 11:50:07

Hey Beach, so glad you had a good time, its such a good holiday, I have got less than two weeks to go and super excited smile

Will you be going next year ??

I am in process of booking for 2017 !! Already smile

beachhead Mon 22-Feb-16 14:50:31

Hi there lovetoskimum, bet you counting down what time you leaving ? have fab fun time and yes we sure will go again new ski family. Hubby talking about it yippee! (I was the instigator booking this one)

found it hard at first picking up the gear, kids didn't like the 10 min trudge to ski slopes, but yeas it's all worth it - different world once you're on the piste _pic of powder snow southern alps

CruCru Tue 23-Feb-16 16:59:53

Ah, so glad you had a nice time. Last year was my first family ski holiday (8 years since I'd skied) and it was fab.

Do you have your own ski boots? What sort of socks do you wear?

boobyooby Tue 23-Feb-16 17:05:44

well done. Glad you had a great time.

I had a fall last year indoors and had to go on our ski holiday with a very badly bruised & sprained ankled, didn't enjoy it as much (and probbly shouldn't have done as much skiing as I did ... we off at Easter this year so have booked myself in for a 1-2-1 lesson in the Snow Centre to get my confidence back and hopefully be a bit more relaxed.

beachhead Tue 23-Feb-16 18:18:32

Hi booby thanks.
Hope the ankle is fully fit have a great time.

clam Tue 23-Feb-16 19:05:31

Whereabouts in the Southern Alps were you?

Tip: next time, make ski-in/ski-out a non-negotiable!

lovetoskimum Wed 24-Feb-16 11:44:51

Hey Beachhead, lovely pic, we always opt for ski in / out or get locker on slopes, cant bear carrying everything !!

Defo on countdown, leaving home 3am Friday 4th March, popped into a lovely ski and board shop yesterday just for a browse - Big mistake !! loved everything in there !!

Boobyooby, where you off to ?? Good luck with your one to one smile

beachhead Thu 03-Mar-16 08:42:49

Hi Lovetoskimum, hope you treated yourself - not long now I'm so jealous, have a fab time.
(We left at 3am too, had a 7a m flight to Nice it was all good, arriving for a full day in France)
Thanks for the tips, yes defo gonna check for ski in out accommodation next time

Awh & Great snow conditions out there at the moment I hear fabulous!

beachhead Thu 03-Mar-16 09:00:41

Great tips mums- ski off from the hotel sounds great, but I suppose you pay premium for location.

Ill be checking it all out for next year , think I've caught the skibug again (after20yrs)

Clam we r went to great beginners resort Isola just on the French Italian/French .

Have fun in the snow

lovetoskimum Tue 15-Mar-16 13:35:47

Hi Beach,
yes you do pay extra, it is the one holiday we are prepared to pay extra for, a locker is a good choice, our 2 bedroom apartment this year cost £900 for the week but was ski in and out had pool etc, great modern apartment with lovely kitchen, so managed to do all food there.

We have defo got the bug, every year we always say last one, i am getting costs for 2017 as we chat smile

lovetoskimum Tue 15-Mar-16 13:37:56

Beach, yes treated myself to a top smile

Great snow and weather all week, was lovely having Mothers day skiing, with a glass of bubbly for breakfast smile

boobyooby Sat 26-Mar-16 23:01:43

One week to go until our ski holiday now ..... getting a bit excited (although starting to pack and thinking aargh)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now