Talk

Advanced search

I love skiing but hate packing

(12 Posts)
CruCru Thu 11-Feb-16 17:39:28

I know this is ridiculous but I'm packing to take the kids (4 and 2) skiing and now have massive anxiety that I'm going to forget something important. Do any of you know of a list that I can check?

Artandco Thu 11-Feb-16 17:43:32

I have a great list we use.

It's basically three of everything apart from big things. Of the top of my head

-3 ski thermal sets ( top and leggings)
-3 jumpers
- 3 ski socks
-3 regular thick socks
- 3 short tshirts
-3 long tshirts
- 1 pjamas
-1 ski jacket and trousers
-1 ski neck buff
- 2 waterproof mittens
-underwear
- sunglasses
- ski goggles
- swimwear
- suncream

clam Thu 11-Feb-16 18:49:30

I'm sure there's a phone app that you can download. Seen it recommended on here - used it once and adapted it to our own needs.

But I'm blush to say I can't remember for the life of me what it was called! Sorry.

I've added to mine all the extra bits, like playing cards, hip flasks, ski ties, bin bags and dishwasher tablets (self-catering), plus all paperwork required. We've "done" this holiday so many times now that I should have it off-pat, but it will still take hours of faffing about.

CruCru Thu 11-Feb-16 19:14:17

Ah, that's fantastic, thank you!

I also need to remember their teddies and sip cups etc.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Thu 11-Feb-16 21:42:43

Ear plugs!
Hat.
Back pack
Water bottle
First aid kit
Thermometer
Calpol
Cough syrup
Story books
Walkie talkies
Travel plugs
Phone charger

No wonder I'm always overweight grin

clam Thu 11-Feb-16 22:13:46

We take a 4-point UK multi-socket plug thingy, which only needs one EU adaptor.
Little pocket-size snacks for mid-session energy boost.
Ralgex.
Elastic/string for mittens/gloves.

CruCru Fri 12-Feb-16 16:49:17

Okay. I think I'm there (at least for the kids). We're going to be overweight but 20kg is actually quite hard (we have ski boots). I still need to pack:

Cosmetics
Toothbrush
Deodorant
A pair of yoga trousers that are still wet
The kids' ski jackets
My ski jacket
Bedtime books for the kids
My kindle
Toys (minimal)
Mobile Phone charger

MrsGuyOfGisbo Fri 12-Feb-16 20:39:07

hip flasks
grin
I used to agonise, until the year we left the bag with teh ski jackets in the hall at home I had to buy better cheaper replacements in a supermarket in Chambery, and now realise that as long as you have the paperwork and the teddies, the rest you can buy if you forget something vital

Artandco Fri 12-Feb-16 20:45:27

Can't you all wear your ski jackets? That's what we always do, take the ski jacket as main coat. Saves loaDs of space, and any other jacket too cold really anyway

clam Fri 12-Feb-16 22:52:35

Do you mean ski boots or snow boots? If it's the latter, we wear those to travel in - far too bulky to pack.

CruCru Sat 13-Feb-16 09:53:38

I mean ski boots (adults only).

Yes, we can all wear our ski jackets on the plane. They're a bit bulky to put in the overheard locker is the only thing.

SitsOnFence Sat 13-Feb-16 09:55:48

Can you take your ski boots as hand luggage on the plane? We always do, and they usually offer to check them (free of charge) at the check in desk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now