Talk

Advanced search

Esprit or SkiFamillie and fresh french bread?

(6 Posts)
grottielottie Fri 05-Feb-16 08:34:16

About to book for 2017 and I was wondering if anyone had feed back on Esprit (chalet corniche in Tignes) v Ski Famillie (chalets Eva (Reberty) or Delphine (La Plagne).

Went with Esprit this year and had a fantastic time, but were considering Ski Famillie as their childcare sounds like it would suit our 3 year old better (i.e lessons AM).
Reservations with this is that their chalets seem a little more of the beaten track than Cornishe in Tignes? Plus I don't really know La Plagne from a skiing point of view.
Also anyone know if Ski Famillie use proper french bread. It was the one bug bear for Esprit and could be the deal breaker for me, if you go to France the one thing you expect is proper bread!

LauraVonSlim Fri 05-Feb-16 15:18:00

Chalet Eva in Reberty is really, really close to the slope and the ski school drop off point. I also really like the skiing there. I haven't been to La Plagne but I have heard that the skiing is not that challenging so depends on what you are looking for.

Ski Famille childcare is great - nanny in the chalet so no dragging them out in the morning. It does mean that they depend on company for whoever is in your chalet - they don't get the mix that you get from having centralised childcare.

I am sure that Ski Famille do use proper french bread. I can't recall but I am sure I would have noticed if they hadn't!

grottielottie Fri 05-Feb-16 18:52:21

Thanks, thats really helpful.

You have confirmed what I thought about La Plange skiing, the one thing that was swaying me is that its a bit lower (1800 rather than 2000) and I did't get on very well with the attitude in Tignes this year.

I doubt it would make all that much difference to be honest though, it's impossible to get a good nights sleep when away with the kids anyway!

dontcallmethatyoucunt Sun 07-Feb-16 12:13:39

I stayed at the corniche and felt that the walk to the ski school and the childcare chalet wasn't too great. other guests were more concerned. The bread though was def french bread, I ate a lot of it!

Muchtoomuchtodo Sun 07-Feb-16 21:16:30

Family Ski have ample crusty French bread and their childcare has been faultless for us for the last several years.

grottielottie Mon 08-Feb-16 11:40:47

Thanks everyone have booked Eva in Reberty.

Now for the small matter of telling school my 5 year old DS is going on a term time holiday (son starts reception in September)! Will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now