Kids ski helmets

(10 Posts)
hifi Thu 14-Jan-16 11:55:33

our resort ski shop is charging £30 to hire a helmet. I've seen some on-line, in the sale for the same amount or cheaper.
Blacks and Millets dont have the helmets in-store,they have to be ordered on-line and delivered, The assistant told me you couldn't return the helmet, for h&s reasons, if it wasn't the right size.
Has anyone ordered on line and been able to return with different company's?

lavendersun Thu 14-Jan-16 12:01:22

Amazon sell them, I bought two the year before last and returned one.

Sounds daft and I doubt it is right.

trixymalixy Thu 14-Jan-16 12:01:36

£30! That's loads, they usually come free with kid ski hire.

Can you find the brands you are looking at in another shop and try them on first? That's what I did as they were cheaper online.

trixymalixy Thu 14-Jan-16 12:02:14

I also think that policy doesn't sound right btw.

massistar Thu 14-Jan-16 12:27:29

Gosh I've never paid for kids helmets, they've always been free with the ski hire. Think I'd be looking for new ski hire shop!

trixymalixy Thu 14-Jan-16 13:57:28

Agreed massistar as they wouldn't get much wear out of them!

trixymalixy Thu 14-Jan-16 14:06:04

Actually I've just looked at the hire shops where we are going and they are all charging €15! that's new!!

hifi Thu 14-Jan-16 14:20:18

DD has just tried this one on, seems quite sturdy.
www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-vail-junior-ski-helmet-407383?colcode=40738318

trixymalixy Thu 14-Jan-16 14:35:35

My friend's kids have that helmet, it looks quite good.

lavendersun Thu 14-Jan-16 15:27:32

If you do buy one they are very adjustable so you can get a few years out of them (or DD's is). We have our own gear so had to buy one as we don't hire anything.

In the scheme of things the cost of a helmet is a drop in the ocean so I definitely wouldn't rent if you have to pay £30. Stuffed with clothes/socks in your luggage it won't take up any room at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now