Talk

Advanced search

Skiing at Xmas

(6 Posts)
Pupsiecola Mon 26-Oct-15 09:32:16

We went to La Rosiere with Esprit two years ago. Would love to go again this year but it's coming in at 5k for a family of 4 (two DCs ages 12 and 10). Would be the last year we'd go with Esprit and I love the chalet feel and the grown up meals every night and xmas day being taken care of etc. I wonder how much we could do it for if we stayed in a hotel but then we'd lose much of what we enjoy about the Esprit experience. DH and I have only been twice; can you please tell me about your ski trips? Thank you.

Skilover Tue 27-Oct-15 14:12:25

We went 2 years ago with our little people (5 and 2) and stayed with www.ernalow.co.uk in the Cimes Blanches in Les Eucherts. It was brilliant! They have a great pool with 2 big jacuzzis and the ESF is a short easy ski from the apartments. Simon Atkinson is the only British ESF director in France and I couldn't recommend him/them enough. The kids had a great time. Not the Esprit experience but not the same price either. smile

Pupsiecola Tue 27-Oct-15 15:05:09

Oh thanks ski. Can you remember roughly what the cost was?

mary21 Wed 28-Oct-15 16:19:19

We booked with Crystal last minute. Hotel half board with drinks (soft and wine). Paid £429 pp . On top of that lift passes and ski hire. We always book our skis online which is much cheaper. We don't us ski school anymore. Our kids are both teenagers.We were in France snow sure resort with glacier
Things we missed being in a hotel were afternoon tea and cake also after many years of chalets a paid for bar was a shock. Good things were entertainments on Xmas eve.. Also we didn't mix with other guests as much as everyone sat on their own family tables rather than communal tables.
If you go on iglu ski closer to the time there will be last minute chalet deals. Ski world also worth checking out closer to the time. Too early for deals now! If you go with esprit you will save ££ if you book your own skis online

Pupsiecola Wed 28-Oct-15 18:53:52

Thanks for that Mary. Because of it being Christmas week I think we would indeed miss the chalet dinners. It's a bit of a gamble though re who you get in your chalet!

Pupsiecola Tue 10-Nov-15 21:10:24

Hooray! I held out and today managed to book the place I wanted with Esprit with a £1,627 discount! So we are off on 20th December for a week for £3,241. Can't quite believe it. This sort of thing just doesn't happen to us! There is one more room suite left in the resort ...

Now I need to buy some kit as I've lost a couple of stones since we went 2 years go. Then I bought some trousers in resort as they were so utterly comfortable - they had some stretch in them. I need to find similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now