Talk

Advanced search

DS and glasses?!

(7 Posts)
mandy214 Wed 05-Aug-15 11:41:47

Just booked 1st family ski trip. DS (10) wears glasses - very strong prescription (can't really see much without them). He will be in a helmet and I had presumed goggles, but now just thinking how this will work?

Don't really want to spend on prescription googles (as he might hate skiing) so any suggestions?

Thanks

LemonEmmaP Wed 05-Aug-15 11:49:39

You can get Over The Glasses (OTG) goggles for adults - I don't know whether there is an equivalent child's product but essentially you are looking for goggles which curve away from the face sufficiently to allow glasses to be worn underneath. It probably means you need your son to try the goggles on, rather than buying online, but you should be able to find something that works. Hope he enjoys it!

mandy214 Wed 05-Aug-15 12:22:11

thank you Lemon thats really helpful.

celtiethree Sun 09-Aug-15 14:45:19

My DS 8 wears glasses, we bought OTG children's goggles from the Internet. He's never had a problem with them even when he was only 4. The goggles have a gap in the foam around the frame that fits over the legs of the glasses.

mandy214 Sun 09-Aug-15 19:11:06

Great will have a look x

UniS Thu 13-Aug-15 17:42:47

At age 10, he may well be in adult Goggles anyway. DS has used adult ones since age 6 as they work better with his helmet.

mandy214 Thu 13-Aug-15 22:10:13

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now