Self Catering Ski Chalet for 3 families

(9 Posts)
DizziDoll Tue 14-Jul-15 21:13:49

I am looking to organise a ski trip for my own family (me, DH and 3dc) and 2 other families, also with 3 kids. So we will be 15, potentially 16 in total.

We are looking for a self-catering cosy chalet close to some good slopes. We are happy to go to France, Switzerland or Austria (or even Italy).

Does anyone have any recommendations for chalets? When I search I usually get catered holidays.

Ta!

Siennasun Tue 14-Jul-15 23:14:06

We've stayed SC in Morzine with More Mountain for the last 3 years. The biggest chalets they have are 4 beds but they have some that are in the same building that you may be able to combine.

Reallyfeelingmyage Thu 16-Jul-15 12:51:58

Hi Dizzi, when are you looking to go? There are very few apartments of this size generally in the Alps and they go very quickly. I work in the industry and don't know the rules on recommending certain companies do you?

Reallyfeelingmyage Thu 16-Jul-15 12:54:34

Just read this on the guidelines: "We have no problem with people posting the odd link to other sites/blogs that other posters might find useful or interesting" so I would recommend you have a look at www.ernalow.co.uk or call them on 0207 584 2841. They have some big apartments in La Rosiere and Arc 2000 I think.

anythingforaquietnight Thu 16-Jul-15 13:03:16

How many bedrooms are you looking for and whats your price bracket?

anotherdayanothersquabble Sun 19-Jul-15 11:04:37

Look on ChaletsDirect.com

sinclair Sun 02-Aug-15 18:34:38

I would say France is your best bet - I have never found anything that big s/c in Italy. I have usually booked direct and organised our own transport as that cuts cost but it does add hassle.

Try Chaletfinder as I think it lets you filter for s/c or otherwise as others have said you will need to move fast as the big chalets go fast in school holidays.

In the past we have taken two or three small apartments in a CGH block (these are purpose built apartment blocks usually very close to lifts with indoor pool etc) and clubbed together to eat in the evenings which has worked well when kids are small and eat earlier. Peak Retreats offer these too with a Eurotunnel crossing thrown in.

I would agree some filters first with the other families first tho - for example we like to be close to the lifts but if you don't mind driving up to the resort you will find a much bigger choice at cheaper prices.

Muchtoomuchtodo Mon 03-Aug-15 22:50:38

The solutions room on the chalets direct website would be a good starting place.

mandy214 Wed 05-Aug-15 11:29:09

I've just found accommodation through airbnb. There were quite a few properties that were big enough for that size of group in the resorts I searched.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now