Talk

Advanced search

March 2016 !!

(8 Posts)
lovetoskimum Tue 21-Apr-15 15:13:25

Had the most wonderful week skiing in Les Arc at Easter, on the case to book for next year, want cheaper than we all paid this year smile, so looking at self catering apartments / chalet, have posted in Chalets Direct, any one know any where else to post out for accommodation ??

Many thanks smile

MoonlightandMusic Tue 21-Apr-15 23:11:00

Try posting on Snowheads - if they can't help you, no-one can!

P.S. - Am v. jealous re the Easter skiing - we were over in Portes du Soleil in mid-January - only three days proper snow out of eight sad. Didn't manage to arrange another trip due to other commitments.
Still, there's always next year...grin

PetraDelphiki Tue 21-Apr-15 23:12:07

Try muchbetteradventures (.co.uk I think)...

bachsingingmum Mon 27-Apr-15 14:28:03

We've stayed a couple of times at the Pierre et Vacances self-catering complex at Les Arcs (and often with them elsewhere). Not cheap, but reliable, and low hassle. When not using PetV we book with Owners Direct. I think you end up having a contract with the owner rather than the agent, which leaves me feeling mildly anxious (abated a little by some internet research on the owner before booking), but we've never had a problem in practice, and have had some lovely apartments.

lovetoskimum Tue 28-Apr-15 14:12:16

Thanks for all messages, still searching and will be posting for advise, its really hard as our group contains 8 adults 3 children and an infant, all three families want something different !!!

Makes for a hard ski holiday to book !!

We like hot tub and pool, our daughter is 6 (if possible)
1 couple want ski in and out ( makes it expensive)
The other couple have to account for 16 year old, two teenage girls and an infant !!!

HELP smilesmile

lovetoskimum Wed 06-May-15 15:16:55

Now we might be changing to just me, hubby and daughter, have posted on owners direct, any one got any advise smile

flashheartscanoe Sat 09-May-15 10:42:53

the french owners tend to use homeaway holiday rentals rather than owners direct. We have just booked an apartment in vallandry for feb half term through them. If you want a pool you are best off looking at peak retreats who do most of the big complexes.

lovetoskimum Tue 12-May-15 14:29:57

Thanks to everybody, now all decided 5th March 2016, Arc 1950 or Arc 2000, just me, hubby and daughter (other party members may decide to join, that were with us this year - they have other commitments, but they hopefully can join us for the week !! smile Just can not decide on which apartment to go for !! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now