Advanced search

Solo skiing break - best resorts?

(5 Posts)
Sickofpeppapig00 Sun 08-Feb-15 20:38:11

I'm a single mum and my DC will be away with their father at half term for five days. I would like to go skiing for a couple of days but it would be on my own. Looking for a ski resort with cheap accommodation for one (B&B, home stay?), some lively apres ski for the evenings and high altitude (going first week in April).

Specific recs for places to stay as a single (on resort) would be really great. Thank you!

MoonlightandRoses Sun 08-Feb-15 21:23:14

Don't have any advice myself, but has a section specifically for solo skiers, so hopefully there'll be something there.

Have a great time wherever you go!

Sickofpeppapig00 Mon 09-Feb-15 00:02:17

Ahh yes forgot about Snowheads! Thank you for the tip smile

CrispyFB Mon 09-Feb-15 11:29:37

I did three nights on my own with in Les Menuires. I was in a chalet with a bunch of other people who were either on their own (solo skiers) or couples so nobody really knew each other. It was totally fine. They seemed to be a good company with good prices as well.

No idea about the apres side of things, but Val Thorens is meant to be good for apres and is high so maybe look into something there.

Sickofpeppapig00 Mon 09-Feb-15 12:27:38

Thank you Crispy that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Will have a look at both Les Menuires and Val Thorens. Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now