Advanced search

How best to prepare myself for possible snowmaggedon issues this weekend?

(5 Posts)
hillyhilly Wed 28-Jan-15 21:33:48

I've been and bought and extra layer for the -30 windchill that's predicted, I'll take a load of snack and drinks for the transfer just in case and I have a. Power monkey and plenty to read.
How do I best keep informed? Is there anything else I can do to prepare?

zippyandbungle Wed 28-Jan-15 21:38:06

shock what is this? I haven't seen any forecasts off to google where are you?

hillyhilly Wed 28-Jan-15 22:07:38

I'm heading for Morzine/ Les Gets, the Prefet Savoie has a facebook page on which it has issued a warning, advising people of huge snowfall Thursday to Saturday and suggesting people don't travel until Sunday.
After following the transfer hell of Christmas (& have a few friends who have horror stories of getting caught up in it), I'm worrying a little!

Muchtoomuchtodo Thu 29-Jan-15 22:22:57

If you are a passenger on a transfer vehicle, you're just going to have to be patient and hope that your fellow travellers are organised.

Our usual 1 1/2 hour transfer into PDS took closer to 2 1/2 hours the weekend before last because of the number of people stopping in the middle of the road to try to get their snow chains on.

Plenty of drinks, snacks and warm clothes and some entertainment is as good as you can get I think.

Hope all goes well, have a great trip.

SignoraLiviaBurlando Fri 30-Jan-15 12:57:13

There will be vastly fewer people transferring this weekend, the previous snowmageddon was on the busiest day of the year, and also a time when people would have pre-booked and been committed to their plans. At this time of year, many people ( like me grin) look at forecasts and decide to travel depending on conditions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now