Talk

Advanced search

Help- anyone used VIP ski or skifamille?

(9 Posts)
Kate3481 Tue 14-Oct-14 09:01:56

Hi looking at skiing in jan and have got 2 similar priced quotes and can't decide between the two! Not skied with the kids before so which would u choose? My kid will be 2.5yrs & under 1. Both provide an I'm chalet nanny & we have the chalets to ourselves with extended family.
Skifamille - Les Gets, 8am flight from Gatwick (we live in Essex). Family room, with closing door. Think the company provide nappies & pram
VIP Ski- Morizine, 11.20am Gatwick flight. Champagne on 1st night & wake up drink ��.
Help, is flogging early with kids good? What would u choose...any recommendations?!
Tia

toomuchcoffeetoomuchwine Wed 15-Oct-14 08:28:57

I have not used both so not sure how helpful I will be but:

- we went to Meribel with VIP 2 years ago and we were massively impressed. The flights were at a sensible time, their head-office people controversially seemed to have brains, their local staff were friendly and helpful in every possible way. We were a very challenging group - 6 adults, 3 one year-olds who needed nannies and 3 3 year-olds who needed taking to ski school in appropriate car seats in the mini van etc. I cannot really fault them.

I have heard good things about Ski famille too though...

Kantha Sun 26-Oct-14 09:24:00

We did ski famille to Les Gets last year and had a wonderful holiday. Their staff were brilliant both in the chalet and the nanny.

I would say that Les Gets is a nicer place to stay than Morzine. Morzine being more of a town and a bit lower. However Morzine is more centrally located for getting around the Portes du Soleil. We are fast skiers so could get all around the PdS but from Les Gets you do need to cross Morzine either by bus or on foot.

massistar Mon 27-Oct-14 09:31:13

Haven't used either of the companies mentioned but I prefer Les Gets to Morzine for small children. It's much more geared towards little ones and there's still plenty to do for adults. My 2 loved doing the Indian Village and Milka Run in Les Gets!

massistar Mon 27-Oct-14 09:32:19

Ah just noticed the ages of your DC! Guess they won't be skiing much. grin

Millie2013 Sun 23-Nov-14 07:17:12

We have been with VIP for about 12 years now and really cannot fault them. They are very professional and when OH had a bad accident, they went above and beyond to help
out

WellWoman Mon 24-Nov-14 23:20:53

I had a mixed experience with Ski Famille in Les Gets. The bit about them I found a bit of a let down was the nanny service. As your children are so young I guess this will be very important for your holiday.

GermanGirlinLondon Tue 25-Nov-14 18:40:59

I don't have any experience with Ski Famille, but I went a few times to Val D'Isere with VIP Ski and I can't recommend them enough.

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Wed 26-Nov-14 17:15:45

VIP are excellent but I have only stayed with them in Val d'Isere. We went during school holidays so had to use a local agency as their own nannies were fully booked.

I've stayed in Les Gets and it's a v family friendly resort. Lots of spots to take the kids tobogganing, very easy to eat in the village for lunch and head straight back up afterwards and it's a v quick transfer from Geneva plus south facing slopes so sunny and warm [obvious snow risk of ice though]
Morzine is more central to the the ski area [three villages but I can't remember the name of the last one] but north facing I believe. I didn't ski there as I was pregnant at the time so stuck to the Les Gets side.

VIP are excellent - worth every expensive penny grin until you have to add your kids in at 100% cost during school holidays

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now