Esprit hotel Belle Plagne(6 Posts)
We're off here next week and had a few questions if anyone can help:
1) is the hotel as overheated as every chalet I have ever stayed in?
2) is it the usual jeans and top for dinner or do people (ladies) go more posh than that?
3) do you need your own towel for the pool?
4) on the hotel staff night off is the kids tea done as usual or do we have to take them out to feed them?
Thanks to all!
Heating not too bad you can control it in your room
Yes jeans normal some dressed up but in minority
They supply pool towels and bathrobes
no kids tea on night out but they can order pizza in and you can leave kids with baby listeners and go out if you wantt
HTH have a great time we have just spent half term there for the third time and it was great
Agree with andiem....but FWIW:
1) no it's lovely!
2) yes - jeans etc though some were in fancy boots with jeans and a top - the odd dress. Wear what you want though
3) no. Lots of folks seemed to live wandering round hotel with gowns on over trunks etc....we thought it was a bit <boak>
4) you need to take them out but as andiem said they did do a pizza order. We went out to a lovely place only a few mins away - can't remember name but it was near the bowling bar...was really good and we ate at 6ish with the kids.
~ they also do kids tea on the first day (sun) - though some groups were v late arriving. If you have a late departure eg 1pm you can use the pool til 12ish on that day
We loved it...would go back any year.
Thanks for those who replied although it was after I had gone.
In answer to my own questions I agree with the above posters:
1) No - our room was warm but I could turn the heating down, restaurant gets v warm though
2) Mostly jeans and tops
3) Towels and white robes provided for spa. Agree at boak at number of people (men) wandering round with gown over trunks esp when gown only loosely tied over belly that had not looked like a 6pack in years.....
4) Pizza order great for kids tea.
Other things for anyone who looks in the future:
- annoyingly people were letting their kids in the hot tub in spite of numerous signs saying it was for over 13s only. There is a massive pool, and fab bathtubs so if you want to be in the water with your kids then go in those and leave the hot tubs for the adults
- credit card bills have to be paid on the FRIDAY night. They don't tell you in advance but all prices are given in Euros (eg for bar drinks), they then add a credit card surcharge of 2.5% and then change the currency back to sterling "because they can't process cards in France" so all the slips get sent back to the UK. Seemed daft to us - why not just get a chip and pin machine or else price everything in resort in sterling in first place!
Overall thought it was excellent - am keen to book for next year although DH thinks he might prefer a chalet again.
glad you had a good time Katherine - glad you agreed re the <boak> gowns....and I agree re hot tubs and kids - did you go in the outside one?! That was fun!
It was the downstairs outdoor one which had the kids in.... As the bar would give you a plastic glass if you wanted a drink in the spa it rather spoiled my cocktail hour....
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.