Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend ski resorts with activities other than skiing?

(4 Posts)
Blossom2010 Mon 24-Oct-11 22:11:10

DD will be 20 months-ish & we've managed to convince my parents to come with us to help out with childcare. Obviously I don't expect them to babysit EVERY day (I wish!) so I'm looking for a resort that has activities for them to do on days they're not babysitting. They don't ski & would prefer a resort with plenty of interesting outdoor 'stuff' rather than just a big leisure complex/swimming pool/gym type activities. We have a slight preference for France as we have a reasonable grasp of the language but would consider other European countries (USA/Canada too far at the mo...)

So is this a tall order or is the perfect resort out there? Any suggestions would be fab. We would probably self-cater & more than likely drive down as we've done this before & it worked really well.

Thanks.

SamMiguel Mon 24-Oct-11 22:18:25

Some suggestions on this link
www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/independent-familes-we-need-a-ski-resort-for-nonskiers-423794.html

tiredfeet Mon 24-Oct-11 22:24:31

Dh and I went to grindelwald a few years ago, when I was ill and not up to skiing every day. We loved it as there were some great day trips (e.g. the train up through the eiger to the 'top of europe' station) and a cable car to the top of the schilthorn (spelling?). Could also do day trips down to the lakes.

tiredfeet Mon 24-Oct-11 22:24:31

Dh and I went to grindelwald a few years ago, when I was ill and not up to skiing every day. We loved it as there were some great day trips (e.g. the train up through the eiger to the 'top of europe' station) and a cable car to the top of the schilthorn (spelling?). Could also do day trips down to the lakes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now