Talk

Advanced search

Dare 2b Ski Wear for Children - Any good?

(9 Posts)
HandbagAddiction Sun 09-Oct-11 21:29:53

I have previously togged my 2 out in Helly Hansen gear which I really rate. Going to Whistler in Feb 2012 over half term and have realised that DD1 has clearly grown massively and needs all new kit. Meanwhile DD2 has not grown enought to fit into the 'now to small' old kit from DD1. so I'm faced with having to buy new / secondhand for both. Don't mind too much going got mew for DD1 as I know at some point DD2 will wear it too and so have started some searching.

I've started seeing a load of Dare 2b stuff around the net and wondered if anyone had bought any before and whether they thought it was any good.

I will admit now that I am a bit of a ski kit snob in so far I would rather pay the extra for really good skiing kit and therefore know that the little ones will be toasty warm and dry when it really matters - i.e. blowing a gale in a snow storm at the top of Blackcomb....... Very happy given current penny pinching times to try out something new - provided it is OK.

Thanks!

LIZS Mon 10-Oct-11 08:26:05

I was similar but have actually found that and Trespass surpriisngly good quality and value. Ski trousers I bought form tk maxx last year are every bit as good as previous Columbia ones and with extra features like ventilation zips and adjustable waist. H and M did ds well in the Swiss winters too.

nametapes Tue 11-Oct-11 09:31:33

With Dare2Be I have found that it can sometimes fall apart. Like the zip goes, or the material is poor quality. Plus the sizes dont relate to normal sizes and come up far too large.

greyghoul Fri 14-Oct-11 15:31:11

in a week or so lidl will be releasing their ski-gear. I would take a look - it is actually very good quality, if not quite as 'pretty' as the bigger names. £20 for a ski set is pretty good value and well worth getting down to lidl to see what you think.
Cetainly look for their thermal socks, gloves and poloneck jumpers for the kids.

The Dare2B i have used was third hand and doing brilliantly.

You may not wish to go to the top of blackcomb with little kids (no idea how old your kids are) it is pretty high up there, and WB isn't known for warm sunny days. I am very jealous though - I desperately want to go for my 40th for 2 weeks - but it will cost a fortune!

VivaLeBeaver Tue 18-Oct-11 19:56:40

I've found it fine.

lurkerspeaks Mon 24-Oct-11 22:08:36

My jacket is dare2b and is fine. My friend has a jacket/ trouser set inherited from her MIL which is equally functional.

There are differences within the range and they do do some stuff with very few features ie no internal snow catchers on jacket sleeves which wouldn't be so functional but generally a thumbs up from me.

scotgirl Mon 24-Oct-11 22:14:32

Have you had a look in H&M? Their ski stuff for kids is lovely and well made. Normally they discount in November..

Gloves are my thing - there is nothing as awful as cold wet hands. Pay for good gloves. I love Whistler village and the big bowls - though I hate the cat tracks (I'm a boarder!)

boxoftricks Tue 25-Oct-11 00:09:52

TK MAXX! I get my ski stuff from there. Its so cheap! Dare2be jacket, £30 I think 3 years ago, and it'll still be great this year. I'm not sure on the kids range in Tk Maxx, but it would be worth a shot.

skifalloverrepeat Tue 25-Oct-11 17:34:26

Objectively, they make kit that goes through the range from just serviceable to good. But I'm a kit snob too...

With the dollar as it is you might want to wait til you get there? I buy a lot of closeouts from Sierra Trading Post, it's worth it even when you've paid for US shipping..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now