Talk

Advanced search

First time family skiers to Bulgaria? Advice

(4 Posts)
AngieM2 Fri 30-Sep-11 14:08:41

Hi there, we are thinking of taking the plunge and taking our first ski holiday. Kids will be 11 and 9. We are taking the kids out of school so will probably go the week before or after half term. We are thinking of Bulgaria, mainly because its so cheap (can get a package with Crystal for £2k incl, accom, flights, half board, ski school, equip hire and lift passes) and it wont grieve us to spend £2k if we hate it. Does anyone have any advice on whether this is a good idea/good package? Will there definately be snow? Best hotels, resorts etc. Any advice much appreciated. PS the same hol for half term is £1500 more and the next cheapest I could find was Andorra and that was over £3k as well (not half term). Many thanks. Ang

TastyMuffins Sat 08-Oct-11 21:50:31

Whereabouts in Bulgaria? I've only been to Pamporovo and really enjoyed it but probably wouldn't do it again as it was great for beginners but not much for advanced. I absolutely loved the food, was concerned as that seemed to be what most people complained about in Bulgaria and I don't even eat meat. I can recommend hotel Dafovska, family room was like a suite. I've heard it's not so reliable for snow but it does vary from year to year, I went mid March and it was perfect, snowed loads before we left and while we were there. One downside was that we went something like the last or second to last week of the season (think it may have been last week advertised for packages but ski area open a bit longer) and the town was a bit quiet, some shops and bars already closed and the bowling alley closed. Think this was because the same week previous years had been quiet.

babybaabaa Tue 11-Oct-11 17:56:18

This place is superb in all respects. Very good value and service. We will be returning next February.

AngieM2 Wed 12-Oct-11 12:43:39

Thanks for the replies. Thinking of Borovets or Bansko, didn't fancy the longer transfter to Pamporova. Probably going 4th, 18th or 25th Feb. i really hope it is snowy at that time, would hate to get there and its green!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now