Talk

Advanced search

Dolomites at Easter - anyone been ?

(5 Posts)
sinclair Fri 23-Sep-11 13:48:22

Usually ski french alps but DH fancies heli skiing so we are looking at Dolomites. Half term disarray here means we have to go easter, first week of April. Anyone advice a resort that is high enough and any recommendations for hotels or chalets? We usually self cater in the French style apartment blocks (CGH etc) but I can't find anything quite like that there. Two poss three families ideally apartments in the same block or if we can afford it a hotel obvs must be family friendly!

Thanks in advance

BikeRunSki Fri 23-Sep-11 13:54:19

We went to the Dolomites - Val Gardena - in the third week of March 2 years ago. The snow was very wet when we arrived, no snow fall whilst we were there and by the time we left there was very little snow at all. If youa re going to wait until Easter, I'd really rethink France (or Canada!).

BikeRunSki Fri 23-Sep-11 13:54:49

Actually, was second week of March.

sinclair Fri 23-Sep-11 16:40:27

OK, that sounds bad. Maybe back to France again then...thanks for the update.

TastyMuffins Sat 08-Oct-11 21:59:43

I went years ago at Easter in the beginning of April to Cortina d'Aprezzo and stayed just outside in a little place called San Vito di Cadore. No snow where we stayed but loads on the main slopes but very hot! We had to get a bus to the lifts which was like a regular local services, may not have run on bank holidays or had different times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now