Talk

Advanced search

What do you like best about a ski holiday?

(15 Posts)
nametapes Sat 27-Aug-11 17:48:47

For me its:
The skiing in dry powdery snow on a sunny day with an azure deep blue sky
Getting into a hot bath at the end of a cold day
Vin Chaud
Climbing under a thick tog duvet then waking up to see it has snowed a lot.

rookiemater Sat 27-Aug-11 17:50:07

Hot tub....

pinkem Sat 27-Aug-11 17:58:27

Getting on the freshly groomed slopes first smile plus jumping in the hot tub or having a massage at the end of the day smile

meloncholy Sat 27-Aug-11 17:58:31

Stepping outside and breathing in the crisp, fresh mountain air first thing in the morning
Going full speed down a long, powdery and empty run
Après ski
Tobogganing
Night skiing with lanterns

And all of the above grin

pinkem Sat 27-Aug-11 18:02:04

This thread is making me want to go skiing NOW!

MrsRobertDuvall Sat 27-Aug-11 18:03:39

The fact that dh takes the dcs and I stay at home.
Bliss.

AlpinePony Tue 30-Aug-11 09:16:14

Walking on snow which squeaks.

Standing on top of the world.

SkiBumMum Tue 30-Aug-11 09:32:25

Feeling physically exhausted at bedtime not having thought about work or home once all day.

Going straight down to "town" in ski gear (not boots - bit old for that now!) for a snack and a vin chaud before bathtime.

Eating the "avalanche mars" on the last lift of the day.

And everything else really. grin

afishcalledmummy Tue 30-Aug-11 09:35:57

Being first on a freshly groomed run - I'll race you to the top pinkem
Finding an out of the way, quiet run that nobody else knows about.
The one perfect morning of weather, when the snow is crisp and it's warm enough to ski without a jacket.
The sauna at the end of the day
Eating cake every day without feeling guilty!

AlpinePony Tue 30-Aug-11 09:39:07

skibummum - yes yes yes! No worries about gas bills, no worries about work - simply exercise & physical enjoyment.

I am very disapproving at people who walk in their boots though - tsk! <wags finger>

Knowing a resort so well you know where you'll find a powder stash even though you've had no fresh for a week.

nametapes Sun 04-Sep-11 17:56:41

. . .and seeing the snow fall all night long, and waking up to see al least another foot of snow fallen ....happy in the knowledge the slopes will be wonderfully powdery and fantastic for skiing!! smile

thatsenough Tue 06-Sep-11 08:39:53

Being first on the slopes.
Watching how much the children progress each day and then trying to keep up with them.
Hot chocolate and early nights with a book.

PatriciaHolm Tue 06-Sep-11 10:40:02

Eating tartiflette knowing you have already worked it all off ;-)

Watching your children ski better than you do.

greygirl Thu 22-Sep-11 13:15:59

sorry i am late but i had to contribute
I love that early morning freshness, the swoosh through fresh snow, the crackle on crusty bits.

Now i also like watching my DDs weave their way down a slope - 1 perfectly turning, 1 singing to herself waving her hands about and 1 screaming with delight as she follows little trails through trees..(and then my husband cursing when she falls and loses said ski grin)

I love that warm feeling when you come in from the cold and your face starts to defrost. and you think 'right time for a beer then'.

TastyMuffins Sat 08-Oct-11 21:44:20

Skiing until you ache all over then eating loads of delicious food all guilt free because of all the calories burned.

Now that DS can ski too, watching him and collecting him at the end of the day with great enthusiasm still burning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now