Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations please!

(5 Posts)
glittershoes Wed 03-Aug-11 15:00:42

We are hoping to go skiing with family next year.

There will be six of us total, four adults and two children (aged 13 and 11). Neither child has skied before and one adult will also be a beginner, the rest of us have skied quite a bit before.

We are starting to look at it now but have absolutely no clue where to go! We want to stay in Europe and would like it to be great for beginners and intermidiate and have a nice range of apres ski available.

Can anyone recommend anywhere great? I keep flicking through the brochures and seeing lots and lots of lovely looking places but not sure how to narrow it down!

Thanks!

HollyPR Thu 04-Aug-11 17:09:23

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

piano10 Wed 17-Aug-11 10:10:25

Your departure airport is one consideration. We fly from Bournemouth to Geneva and then its only an hour and a bit to Megeve. Megeve dont have many English speaking instructors and the town in very expensive, so we eat in every night. My partners has a tiny studion apartment there is you are interested for just 2-3 people.
Chamonix is really nice...and lots of chalets etc.
Do you want French speaking or German or Italian? Its another consideration...
My first ski trip 8 yrs ago was to Les Deux Alps when Ds was 3yrs. Its was really lovely and instructors very good.
I catn strongly recommend anywhere really, you might be best to wade through the brochures and see what really takes your fancy and which place is most easy to get to. I love the European Alps, its not too far, especially with kids in tow.

piano10 Wed 17-Aug-11 10:13:17

p.s. Bulgaria is cheap but further to get to. The pistes were fantastic and all instructors speak English.
Wengen, Switzerland (my Ds went there with his Dad) is good for apres ski. Plus instructors speak English.

BerylStreep Thu 08-Sep-11 21:09:18

I can thoroughly recommend Morzine - we have gone to Hotel Le Dahu for the last number of years - it is absolutely fantastic - great rooms, lifted and laid from door to ski lifts / school, gourmet french cuisine (sans kids), great childcare, swimming pool, jacuzzi.

If I could only lift this hotel and plonk it into a new resort, as I am Morzine skiied out, honestly, I can recall almost every run in Morzine, Le Gets & Avoriaz!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now