Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Alpe D'Huez in March

(3 Posts)
JustAnother Mon 01-Aug-11 17:41:14

has anyone been in Alpe D'Huez in March? My DS will be on Easter holidays from 23rd March, so I was considering booking a late season skiing holiday. Any advice?

LIZS Tue 02-Aug-11 10:42:11

We went late March a few years back. It is quite high with a glacier so snowsure but suffered badly towards the end of the season this year with very few runs to resort level open by early April, but that was also true across many areas. Personally I found it a bit dull terrain wise as very exposed, above tree line and you need good snow lower down to venture to neighbouring resorts and make the most of the ski pass. Resort itself is spread out and a bit of a homage to concrete. Make sure you stay close to a main lift.

JustAnother Tue 02-Aug-11 13:37:02

thanks LIZS!!. In the end I have decided to go to a cheaper country (Bulgaria), but during 1/2 term. I have never been to Bulgaria, so let's hope it is not terrible. I had to keep it cheap"ish" this year, so this was the compromise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now