Talk

Advanced search

Train to Bourg St Maurice?

(3 Posts)
MrsGuyOfGisbourne Tue 05-Jul-11 18:42:15

I hate flying (not fear, just hate the hassle, herding etc) and so usually fdrive, but am thinking now the DC are big enough to manager their own luggage it might be fun to train. Does anyone do this, any tips, howearly can you/should you book? We would be going fromm London to Bourg St Maurice.
Not really keen on discoing the night away on the snow train, if it still exists...

WibblingDad Wed 06-Jul-11 10:07:51

The disco snow train is sadly no longer with us ...

I've done the train journey quite a few times - although I have yet to brave it with DD in tow.

There are direct Eurostar services to Bourg or you can get Eurostar to Paris and then TGV to Bourg (generally cheaper but additional hassle).

A great website to check all details is www.snowcarbon.co.uk/ . I think the early season train schedules and prices should be out quite soon. Generally released around 4/5 months before the departure date.

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Wed 06-Jul-11 14:04:02

WoW, WibblinDad thank you!!! Much easier site to navigate than RailEurope and TMIS61 sites which I gave up on yesteday ...exactly what I want - gonna do it grin ( and will never again mutter darkly about dads being on mumsnet...grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now