Talk

Advanced search

What exactly does 'slipper zone' mean

(5 Posts)
Llanarth Sun 19-Jun-11 08:19:42

We're staying in a French Chalet Hotel with Espirit for a summer alps holiday and in the travelling information just received, it states "Chalet hotels are 'slipper zones' and we ask everyone to bring slippers or house shoes to wear indoors"

I've never stayed in a Chalet before so could someone explain to me exactly what this means, and what type of shoes/slippers people would wear in these circumstances? I'm a bit confuddled (not being a regular slipper wearer). What does 'house shoes' mean? The hotel has adult-only gourmet dinners each night, do you wear slippers to these too?

Thanks in advance!

Llanarth Sun 19-Jun-11 10:42:45

Just to add, I totally 'get it' in winter when no one would want to bring slush and snow and big boots into the hotel, but I'm a bit confused for summer time when it's going to be a bit less jeans and fleeces....

scarymamma Wed 22-Jun-11 14:10:33

I would assume that they just don't want you dragging in dirt from outside. Personally I have a nice pair of slippers that I'd wear, or my crocs! The Esprit evening meals tend to be relaxed affairs (even the gourmet ones!), we've travelled on 5 ski hols with Esprit, with most people just in jeans and jumpers at dinner (wearing slippers!) - but this was apres ski.
House shows are just that - regular shoes that haven't been worn outside!

Llanarth Thu 23-Jun-11 08:35:25

thank you! Was only planning to bring jeans for the evenings anyway so that's a relief! I'll get meself some slippers!

RaisinHell Fri 24-Jun-11 00:45:29

Very casual, a pair of flip flops would do too. Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now