Talk

Advanced search

Recommend some resorts, or even better specific chalets!

(5 Posts)
IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 04-Jun-11 21:46:27

We're looking to go skiing this Christmas with my PIL who are none skiiers. We've been before to Morzine - we all love it there but I was wondering if anybody could recommend some similar resorts that we could consider.

We're after:

Short airport transfer (2 hours max)
Good snow record
Busy town (not purpose built resort) with plenty for non skiiers

Chalet wise:
2 twin rooms
2 doubles
Fully catered
Fairly central in town with easy access to ski lifts

Any ideas would be gratefully recieved!

greygirl Thu 16-Jun-11 17:19:48

zell am zee is lovely, would make a great choice, no idea about chalets though i am afraid. also somewhere in italy (like courmayer) might suit, but i am not sure about the transfer. Saas fee is picturesque but £££ and can be cold as north facing (but then the snow should be good...)

VivaLeBeaver Thu 16-Jun-11 17:29:39

Chamonix

I've stayed here before www.chamonix.net/english/property/4631

Its 5 minutes on the free ski bus into Chamonix centre, buses are very frequent. There is also a cable car in walking distance or buses going to other end of the valley for skiing there. Food was great.

WibblingDad Tue 05-Jul-11 10:29:42

Les Gets is a good Morzine alternative in the same ski area. Alternatively the Grand Massif area (traditional villages include Les Carroz and Samoens) is nice as are La Clusaz and Grand Bornand in the Aravis ski area.

crispyseaweed Wed 06-Jul-11 16:28:52

Megeve has fantastic skiing and really nice hotels.
Coin de Feu is a hotel near to the Rochebrune cable car lift and just up a short hill from the main town. Megeve is a lovely old quaint french town, infat one of the first ski resorts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now