Talk

Advanced search

Mid week ski holiday?

(5 Posts)
xAshx Sun 09-Jan-11 13:45:42

Hi there,

I'm looking for a mid week ski break (sun 30/1 - Fri 4/2 2011) for myself and DH. We can fly from any London airport and don't really mind where we go as long as the skiing is good. I have only skied in the US so have really no idea where to go in the Alps and the range of resorts is completely confusing me...

No kids (they're being deposited with the grandparents for a few days), so a nice hotel (min 4*) and a few bars around would be perfect, especially if it had a spa...

Does anyone have any recommendations for us as I'm going cross-eyed searching?

Waiting hopefully...

Ash

LovelyJudy Sun 09-Jan-11 21:50:07

What a luxurious position to be in! the Alps are your oyster. I would pioritise: do you want pretty tree-lined skiing; guaranteed good snow; large number of varied pistes; pretty villages; quiet queues; english speaking...

The 3 valleys are good for extensive range, but often busy.
Val Thorens is high and cold, with exciting skiing but not pretty.
Deux Alpes is, i seem to remember, green and pretty.
Les Gets is a good sized town; lots of english there, short transfer from geneva airport; if we didn't have kids with us we'd have been racing over to Avoriaz for the day and back.

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Mon 10-Jan-11 11:20:45

I think Peak Retreats do short breaks?

xAshx Mon 10-Jan-11 15:05:40

Thanks for the replies. I spoke to a lovely lady at Peak Retreats so we're hopefully about to book a place in Chamonix. V v lucky to get this little kid free break - my ILs are FAB!

sweet16 Mon 10-Jan-11 19:51:24

Peak retreats are great but I thought they were all self-drive? We've just booked a Sunday-Thursday break in Vaujany with Ski Peak which seemed pretty good value. Includes flights, transfers and half-board.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now