Talk

Advanced search

Mark Warner chalet with 6 month old - what to take?

(4 Posts)
AlpinePony Fri 07-Jan-11 09:37:53

We're doing 2 weeks with MW with a 6 month old. I'm really not sure what I ought to take in the way of provisions for him as when I phoned before and asked if I needed to take food she laughed in a way which suggested I was an idiot! wink

So, does anyone know if they'll provide nappies/wipes/billions of towels/sleeping bag? Will there be a buggy I can use?

I'm driving so theoretically I can take "everything" - but what a palava if I have to.

VivaLeBeaver Fri 07-Jan-11 11:07:53

You'll need nappies and wipes unless things have changed a lot in the last 8 years. We tend to go with Esprit now and only have an older DC but Esprit don't provide nappies for the babies. They will do all the food, they would do finger food, purees, Organix jars when I was there. They'll provide towels but not a baby size sleeping bag.

They have buggies at the creches but they tend to be just for the nannies/staff to use. To be honest a buggy is a right pain in a ski resort, you'd be better off taking a sling. I never took a buggy skiing once and never felt like I needed one (apart from hanging about in the airport).

There will be Spar type shops in resort which sell Pampers, Huggies, etc.

AlpinePony Fri 07-Jan-11 11:17:25

Thank you so much for your excellent answer! No problem to chuck a box of nappies & wipes in to the car and take a sleeping bag. Good idea about the sling - I've found it a godsend around here this winter.

BirdyArms Thu 13-Jan-11 12:12:40

Definitely need plenty of nappies, the nannies might change them more often than you would, I remember running and out and having to ski from village to village one afternoon trying to find the right size.

Agree you don't need a buggy.

If your baby is used to eating a type of packaged babyfood I would take some of that. We took a 10 month old with Mark Warner and a couple of times he really didn;t like whatever food was on offer and it was useful to give him a jar of food. Otherwise he would have had just yogurt and banana which wouldn't have been the end of the world. Probably less important for a younger baby who I guess isn't eating very much.

Would take a sleeping bag if that's what your baby's used to.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: