Talk

Advanced search

Tignes - do I need to book lessons for me in advance?

(6 Posts)
hillyhilly Mon 06-Dec-10 12:51:32

I'm skiing for the first time in 20 years next year, have been 3 times before, so will need a ski school - do I need to book ahead, can anyone recommend one?
Ideally I need a small group offering lessons in the mornings, with the chance to free ski/ play with the kids in the afternoons.

Lilymaid Tue 07-Dec-10 16:49:10

Can't give you help on Tignes, but am also a 3 weeks previously skier, skiing for first time in 24 years this Christmas. I had a dry ski lesson and the instructor said that I had retained a lot of my previous technique and I would be fine on the real slopes. I've booked for small group lessons in a ski school recommended frequently on Snowheads rather than ESF type lessons in my resort.

iluvchristmascake Tue 07-Dec-10 16:56:42

Hi hillyhilly. We went to Tignes last year and had a couple of private lessons. There is a little ski school office in the centre of town.

I would imagine if you wanted a whole week of morning lessons it might be best to book before you go as they can get busy but that's just MHO!

If you look on the official Tignes website, am sure it will give you details of the school and a number or e-mail address.

iluvchristmascake Tue 07-Dec-10 18:05:52

tignes.co.uk/lessons:htm

There are quite a few to choose from! We used Evolution 2 but there is also a British school, ski encore.

skihappy Wed 08-Dec-10 09:50:21

I would also highly recommend Evolution 2 in Tignes. I had a couple of private lessons with them a few years ago and it really improved my skiing ability. I found them much better than ESF. The girl that taught me was keen to prove to me that I could ski more challenging runs, rather than purely focussing on technique. I'll now ski down anything (within reason).

mary21 Wed 08-Dec-10 10:23:15

We have used evolution 2 in tignes for the kids. They were good. They also do superved lunch for kids if needed. The other thing that is available in tignes is Lunch time private lessons which are cheaper than standard time ones . Kids group lessons certainly get booked up at peak time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now