Talk

Advanced search

How do I dry the inside of my ski gloves?

(6 Posts)
hillyhilly Mon 06-Dec-10 12:49:38

I've washed them as they were really grubby from playing out in the snow but the insides of the fingers are sopping wet still, I am trying to stand them up on the radiator but not achieving much so far - should I stuff them with newspaper?
Any tips gratefully received!

ShatnersBassoon Mon 06-Dec-10 12:51:12

Can you turn them inside out, using something like a knitting needle to poke them out straight?

TeaSleepFood Mon 06-Dec-10 12:51:48

Patience I think - or a hairdryer blowing up the inside

snowmummy Mon 06-Dec-10 20:27:25

If you have any boot warmers, you could use those.

greygirl Tue 07-Dec-10 10:16:09

i lie mine down - i figure if they stand up with the hole at the bottom the hot wet air just rises into the fingers.
i have the same theory on boots - and get annoyed when my DH drys boots upside down on radiators.

Peetle Tue 07-Dec-10 12:42:05

Not really helpful advice, but my gloves have removable inners. There's a zip around the wrist cuff that comes undone and you can pull out of the cloth liner. The outer bit is then much easier to turn inside out and the whole thing is obviously easier to wash and dry when the bits are separated.

They're wearing out but removeable inners is the first thing I look for in a new pair of gloves - they are a bit pricey but when you're freezing your nads off on a chairlift the few quid you've saved won't keep you warm...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: