Talk

Advanced search

We've just booked a BARGAIN holiday in LAPLAND!!!!!

(8 Posts)
noonar Thu 25-Nov-10 12:38:02

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

going on the 19th for a week. got a half price -almost- deal in a 4 star hotel. Cant wait!

anyone been/ going?

WowOoo Thu 25-Nov-10 12:40:26

Ooh sounds lush.

Take your thermals and have fun!

noonar Thu 25-Nov-10 13:07:54

smile thanks

englishroseinwales Thu 25-Nov-10 20:32:39

We have been a few times over New Year to Levi, had an amazing time. Going again next March to Yllas. The skiing is brilliant especially for kids. Any questions, please ask.

noonar Wed 01-Dec-10 17:26:22

thanks. i did want to ask about thermals, actually. i keep reading about thermal suits for hire, but am not sure what they are. are they thermal underwear or outer wear? if they are outer wear, would you use them as an alternative to salopettes? we have all the usual ski wear plus lots of thermal long johns. do we need to hire thermal suits as well? and what about themal boots ... will normal fur lined snow boots suffice?

englishroseinwales Wed 01-Dec-10 19:03:36

The thermal suits were offered to us when we went on an early morning husky sleigh ride but we declined as we all had very good ski wear. Our own snow boots were also fine and we always wore good quality thermal ski socks. When we were there for New Year the temp dropped to -20 so you really do need to wrap up well, loads of layers. My kids wore balaclavas and head overs under their ski helmets and they also wore thermal liners inside their gloves. I'm not sure on the helmet situation for adults there, for kids it is compulsory, adults I'm not sure, but make sure your ears are covered. If it's windy it feels another ten degrees colder. Where are you staying?

noonar Fri 03-Dec-10 15:51:15

thanks. thats really useful!

greygirl Fri 24-Dec-10 10:29:39

i have a question about skiing in levi - is it good with kids? not too bothered about FC myself, but am considering going for a week in december with DC in 2011, so they can see him (and we can get a skiing week in!)

how was it for you noonar?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now