Talk

Advanced search

thermals & snow boots - Advice on what to get please

(8 Posts)
smilesandsun Thu 25-Nov-10 11:03:03

Hi,

Its our first ever snow trip, I have the snow suits sorted, yey!! But now I need to get the thermals and the snow boots. There is just so much choice. My children have M&S thermals but they don't seem warm enough to me. Are there special ones I should get for them for the snow??

Also snow boots what brands are good??

I don't want to spend too much, but I want to spend enough to ensure that the children will be warm enough to stay outside for lengths of time.

Thanks for your help!

orienteerer Thu 25-Nov-10 14:09:38

Try Decathlon for boots and cheap fleece layers etc. M&S thermals should be fun, especially if you layer on the top half.

LIZS Wed 01-Dec-10 17:33:16

Anyone seen boots in stock anywhere ? Need a size 4 (adult) for ds and seem to have mised the boat !

Batteryhuman Wed 01-Dec-10 17:35:26

My DSs have always just worn walking boots with thick socks rather than snow boots as such. Just an idea if you can't find any.

LIZS Thu 02-Dec-10 08:54:49

Thanks , he can borrow mine for now as he has outgrown his last pari and we hadnlt replaced. He found wellies made his feet go cold and we are going to the Alps in a few weeks so have found a pair of snow boots (not cheap needless to say) in the hoep eh gets some wear out of them (or I can at least borrow back!).

maltesers Mon 06-Dec-10 19:33:47

M&S thermals should be fine as long as snow suit is fairly warm. Oswald Bailey are good for snow stuff and boots. . .but if kids are tiny then i guess John Lewis , Clarks or H&M for boots. Really warm hats are important, waterproof gloves, suncream and sunglasses if sunny as the altitude produces some very strong sunlight that can be quite blinding with the white snow.

noonar Sat 11-Dec-10 08:04:47

liz, millets and sports direct have them in stores now in those sizes. they have restocked since the snow.

LIZS Sun 12-Dec-10 10:23:07

Thanks, snowboots finally arrived on Friday - very nice and ds happy - and we got a set of thermals in Millets which should be enough for our short trip next weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now