Talk

Advanced search

Draft Chalet Ad - comments please

(16 Posts)
mulranno Tue 16-Nov-10 16:33:33

We have bought and rennovated a chalet to rent out in Vaujany - have drafted this Ad to go on a holiday lettings website -- any feedback?...does it tell you all you need to know?...be honest ...be brutal!....no info on resort, travel etc as this is covered by the main site....

3 bed detached chalet – with flexible in-chalet catering options and own extensive grounds

“Le Chalet Aux Quat’ Saisons” newly opened for the 2011 ski season, has been renovated and furnished to exacting standards to provide a contemporary, boutique-style mountain lodge. Both comfort and luxury are combined to achieve a “rustic chic” mountain hideaway experience. From the truly elegant top floor master bedroom with its Egyptian cotton sheets and free standing roll top bath to the stylish lounge with its panoramic wrap-around views of the surrounding snowy peaks, “Le Chalet Aux Quat’ Saisons” is both authentic and stunning.

Chalet guests can choose to self cater, select a fully catered option, or choose to mix and match and “dine-in” courtesy of the talented chef at the well established chalet nearby who will prepare and deliver meals by arrangement.

Outside extensive, enclosed, south facing grounds ensure tranquillity and privacy. The chalet is 2mins by car to the ski lift (free parking) or a free courtesy bus passes regularly.

Top Floor:

•Master Bedroom: Double Bed, luxurious roll-top bath, views down the valley overlooking the lake.
•Cloakroom: Sink and toilet
•Bedroom 2: Bunk Beds

Middle Floor:

•Lounge Area: 2 large deep sofas, TV&DVD leads out on to
•Large South Facing Terrace (Includes outdoor furniture)
•Dining Area: Dining Table & Chairs to Seat 6; leads out on to extensive enclosed gardens
•Kitchen Area; Inbuilt Oven, Hob, Sink, Dish Washer & Fridge / Freezer, Microwave

Ground Floor:

•Bedroom 3: Twin singles
•Bathroom: shower, sink and toilet
•Utility area: washing machine and dryer
•Garage: Parking and storage for skis and boots
•Further covered parking outside

Pricing...Ski Season 2011 (Sunday change-overs)

January £895/week
February £995/week except w/c13th and w/c20th = £1595
March £995/week
April £995/week except w/c10th and w/c 17th = £1595

PatriciaHolm Tue 16-Nov-10 17:51:57

Do you have any child equipment - e.g. highchair, cot? If so I would mention them. Also, do you supply any DVDs etc?

Do you have any links with/numbers for local babysitters - again, might be worth mentioning.

Where is the nearest restaurant/cafe/supermarket etc - might be worth putting distances, even though there is more detail on the site itself.

The prices are presumably uncatered -can you add some prices for fully catered?

sounds nice - presumably the site allows for pics too!

olliepolly Tue 16-Nov-10 19:21:53

Hi there,
which lettings site will you be using?

LIZS Wed 17-Nov-10 09:39:58

I'd give more about location - how far to walk to lift and skischool and which one, supermarket, childcare, other local facilities, and an example catered package. Is there a housekeeper ? Also don't think you'll achieve the same price for mid April as Feb half term, especially since Easter is so late.

mebaasmum Wed 17-Nov-10 11:48:43

Boot room/garage, heated racks ??? Any extra charges . Link to website with piste mao, ski rental etc. +airport transfers

natation Wed 17-Nov-10 12:34:04

It would be better if you listed prices for every single week. All the April weeks look too expensive in comparison to the other weeks. Look at the pricing structure of other comparable chalets in the area. Also look at the school holiday schedules for France and also for other countries which frequent Vaujany in reasonable significant numbers, before making final decisions about pricing.

I'd definitely want to know exact distances to facilities, rather than times in minutes in a car.

mulranno Wed 17-Nov-10 12:59:41

WoW -- thanks for all the feedback -- will need to look at pricing again...I worked this out from what is already up there on the website (vaujanyapartments)... but it is a bit hit and miss...yes will need to add distances, availability of cots etc and a link to details and various costs of the catering options...as this will be arranged ahead and directly with the chef...all the childcare,ski school, transfers etc resort stuff is on the main website.....

palomadove Thu 18-Nov-10 18:51:14

You need to say high up how many people it sleeps - it's hard work to tell by adding up the beds in each of the rooms.

Can you ski back directly if the snow is good? Worth saying if so.

And what else is around the chalet - any restaurants (family-friendly or otherwise), shops which would be good for self-caterers?

It sounds lovely btw.

ChippyMinton Thu 18-Nov-10 19:20:42

How many cars can the garage accommodate (party of 6 likely to have two cars)?
It's unclear whether the bathrooms/cloakroom are en-suite.
Any flexibility to accommodate extra person(s)?
Distance to bus stop - uphill/downhill? Frequency of bus?
Boot storage - I wouldn't want to leave damp boots in the garage overnight.
The only bath is in the master bedroom?

Sounds lovely btw.

greygirl Fri 19-Nov-10 11:56:47

isn't that funny? i thought - there's no shower in the master bathroom? the bath wouldn't bother me at all, but i do like showers!

i think what isn't in the advert (but would be on the site for vaujauney) is that vaujauney is a satellite to aiple d'huez, so you would have to get a bus/drive to the slopes.
Is that correct mulranno?

greygirl Fri 19-Nov-10 11:57:52

i think it sounds wonderful too - might consider you in a year or so when kiddiewinks a bit bigger!

mulranno Fri 19-Nov-10 12:13:09

Grey girl -- we dithered about the bath or shower option in the master bedroom -- we love baths and there is not room for both as we have gone for the bath sitting in the middle of the room version looking out at the snow....there is a shower on the ground floor...do you think we have made the wrong decision?

only 2 mins drive up hill to the slopes....from above..."The chalet is 2mins by car to the ski lift (free parking) or a free courtesy bus passes regularly"...Vaujany is one of 6 resorts which makes up the Grande Rousse/Alpd'Heuz ski domain...we havent added this info as it will be covered on the main wesite

...not sure if this link will work?

www.welove2ski.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=176&de sc=Vaujany%2C+France#Scene_1

mulranno Fri 19-Nov-10 12:23:31

Chippy Minton...

How many cars can the garage accommodate (party of 6 likely to have two cars)?...only one inside in the garage -- another space outside but coverd

It's unclear whether the bathrooms/cloakroom are en-suite....no not ensuite...

Any flexibility to accommodate extra person(s)?...... no only a child in a cot ...

Distance to bus stop - uphill/downhill? Frequency of bus?...directly outside chalet...would need to check the timetable..

Boot storage - I wouldn't want to leave damp boots in the garage overnight...we are considering installing a boot drying thing...£1000...maybe we should if it were to be a deal breaker?
The only bath is in the master bedroom?...yes

holidaydreaming Wed 24-Nov-10 22:16:54

Can you hire a locker by the main ski lift so people don't have to lug their skis to and from there twice a day.
Also, how big are rooms. Which can fit cots in or a z bed for a toddler.
Can you put a room plan on the website - if it were me I'd want to see how my dd could get to me in the middle of the night if she woke.
Other child friendly things - night lights, shop for nappies and milk before arrival.etc...
V exciting - sounds great.

mulranno Thu 25-Nov-10 09:55:55

Hi H...will have to investigate into locker hire near lift....all rooms could fit an extra z bed and a cot for a toddler ... so will mention this -- but will need to buy an extra z bed...

greygirl Tue 30-Nov-10 21:23:29

sorry i've been a bit slow in replying, but mulranno the idea of a 'bath with a view' will probably appeal to a lot of people. (i am the odd one who thinks baths are boring)
I think it sounds really lovely and as soon as we don't need a lot of support (ie creche and coaches and stuff) i will be trying to book it.

best of luck with it, you have certainly put a lot of effort in.

(of course if i could just persuade husband to buy a ski flat we might not need to rent....but that's not gonna happen sad)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: