Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone getting weird 'loop' occurences on threads?

(8 Posts)
marthamoo Wed 06-Jul-05 22:32:43

I keep clicking on threads where the same posts appear over and over in a kind of loop. I don't mean where someone has posted the same thing several times, I mean a kind of Groundhog Day pattern of posts.

Also on the thread about the Chinese joke and whether it was racist or not - I couldn't find the original post at all, when I clicked on "flip this thread" I didn't get to the beginning, iyswim.

Anyone else, or just me?

WigWamBam Wed 06-Jul-05 22:34:56

There were some last week where the posts went in both directions, so the original post was in the middle then the posts went both ways, so the latest post was at the top and at the bottom as well ... perhaps it's happened again!

Roobie Wed 06-Jul-05 22:36:02

Yes, I've been getting this too - it's driving me mad!

Janh Wed 06-Jul-05 22:38:09

I think it only happened once but those threads are still there, stuck in their loop - you just have to trawl through to find the start, around the middle somewhere, then go up or down as the mood takes you. It is a PITA.

HTH

morocco Wed 06-Jul-05 22:38:51

quite often when I read a thread the posts seem to appear in different orders and new posts appear in the middle later on - I thought everyone else did to??

marthamoo Wed 06-Jul-05 22:43:46

Glad it's not just me. The no beginning thread (the Chinese joke one) was a few days ago - and I haven't been on for a few days so maybe that's sorted now. The 'loop' ones I have noticed tonight - the one about the James Blunt (? Is that right, have never heard of him myself? Lou and essbee's thread anyway) is an example of a looping thread.

Janh Wed 06-Jul-05 22:45:51

The Chinese joke one prob has its beginning in the middle too - but any messages posted after the snafu (sorry snafu ) will have gone to their proper position at the top but not also at the bottom, iyswim, so the thread isn't entirely symmetrical.

Janh Wed 06-Jul-05 22:47:33

No, it's here and it is the right way up...???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now