Talk

Advanced search

How do I see posters' profiles?

(8 Posts)
MrsMuddle Sun 01-Nov-09 22:21:27

Since all the (horrible) changes, I've had to move from "mumsnet classic" to "mumsnet new" just so I can see where one thread finishes and another one starts. In the process, I seem to have lost the ability to see a poster's profile.

I know it will be simple and obvious, but I've had too much wine, so please be kind.

Goober Sun 01-Nov-09 22:22:25

Click on their name, only if highlighted, like yours/ mine.

yama Sun 01-Nov-09 22:23:19

Isn't iit just click on their name if they have a line underneath,

Those not underlined have no public profile.

Or am I on Classic I wonder?

Hulababy Sun 01-Nov-09 22:23:32

Can you not just click ont he person's name and it take you there.

Infact I have just noticed that the icons have gone - did that happen when I was away last week???

I am on classic - thought things had changed since I got home!

On classic there doesn't appear to be a see profile icon. But clicking on their name works.

Hulababy Sun 01-Nov-09 22:24:57

Ah yes - on Classic only underlines names can be clicked on. So yours, mine and Goober's are underlined and I can see profiles (like the dress BTW) but yama's is not underlined and I can't click so assume yama has no profile.

yama Sun 01-Nov-09 22:26:33

I've just changed to 'New' and the underlining has gone.

yama Sun 01-Nov-09 22:28:56

I sometimes make my profile public Hulababy.

Then, if I think I've been a wee bit personal in my posting I go incognito for a while.

I know it's not rational as all personal stiff still exists. grin

MrsMuddle Sun 01-Nov-09 22:43:37

Hmm, no names are underlined, but if I hover over Hulababy and Goober's names a line appears and I can click. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now