Talk

Advanced search

ive got mn classic on but its different

(19 Posts)
cheeseandeyeballsarnie Sat 31-Oct-09 14:22:17

its all funny.but i keep checking and its on classic(old fart but i prefergrin).whats going on or is it just me?

PlumpkinScaryBaps Sat 31-Oct-09 14:29:20

Not just you,cheese. Mine is all funny too. I just can't work out how to describe it though.....

cheeseandeyeballsarnie Sat 31-Oct-09 14:31:50

me neither!its just.....different!<stamps feet>

differentWitch Sat 31-Oct-09 14:33:09

it looks wrong because Tech has taken away the nice little tags in the blue line where your name is and has words instead,sad

And on mine people with very long names are having the ends chopped offangry

plus my preview/ post message buttons move all over the sodding page I am on.

And the little box I am writing my nessage in seems to be very narrow indeed with the info on how to do smileys/ emphasis placed to the lower right of the box.

<sighs>

cheeseandeyeballsarnie Sat 31-Oct-09 14:42:55

but whhhhhhhhhhhhhhy?

PlumpkinScaryBaps Sat 31-Oct-09 14:48:29

Yes WHY? WHY would they do such a thing???

I've got a he-u-uge white gap between the last message and the write-a-message box, although the 'how to do smileys' bit seems to be in the same place.

<frets>

smirnie Sat 31-Oct-09 15:05:37

I still use classic as well. When I go to threads I'm watching there is nothing below the thread titles so I don't know whether anyone has added anything unless I can remember how many posts there were when I last looked! It's been the same for a couple of days.

nymphadora Sat 31-Oct-09 18:24:22

Me too. I've been on holidy and don't know what I need to cathc up on!

preciouslillywhite Sat 31-Oct-09 18:53:36

Me too nymph...had a week away and now everything's gone all weird

it's freaking me out [freaking out emoticon]

...tell you what if they don't fix it back to normal soon I don't think I'll bother coming on here any more

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

<dissolves into hysterical laughter>

LIZS Sun 01-Nov-09 14:29:13

I'm thrown Print at the top is weeny, cursor jumps in the message box, repeated threads in Search rather than all messages under one title ....

cheesesarnie Sun 01-Nov-09 14:32:03

its annoying isnt it!the fact i cant keep up with threads im on because its not showing what it usually does is bugging me.are we just old farts who cant keep up with technology or is there something wrong and fixable?

cheesesarnie Sun 01-Nov-09 14:33:55

pmsl just seen this on quote of the week though-'DottyDotsOfBloodOnTheFloor is miffed by BigTech's unintentional site 'improvements': "It's like playing the tablecloth game where you have to spot what's been taken away." 'grin so true

pofacedandproud Sun 01-Nov-09 15:26:01

i could have sworn there used not to be thread pages and page numbers..am I wrong?

AnyFucker Sun 01-Nov-09 15:31:57

am also back from a week hols and me no likey

am hating threads I'm watching where it only shows the last post, I used to use that to bookmark

now I spend loads of time scrolling

if one thing will reduce my MN time, it is this

just have hardly been arsed to come on here, is much harder to navigate

pinkteddy Sun 01-Nov-09 15:43:14

don't like it either, giving me a bit of a headache actually. I think its those bright blue underlined headings!

pinkteddy Sun 01-Nov-09 15:44:59

just realised there's nothing to take off threads your watching any more. Is that just me??

pinkteddy Sun 01-Nov-09 15:45:24

you're watching

AnyFucker Sun 01-Nov-09 16:38:01

same here pt

how do you stop watching them ?

LIZS Wed 04-Nov-09 17:06:02

The dots for posts on , say Threads I'm On are partly off the rhs of the page. Can the Add a Message be a bolder/larger font or button , I keep clicking on Start by mistake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now