Talk

Advanced search

MNHQ looking for volunteers to be on MNTV. Sign here please...

(78 Posts)
OlivingDeadMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Oct-09 19:06:24

Those who follow the style and beauty threads will have just heard (y'know how they like to be ahead of the curve wink) that we're starting work on MNTV.

So we're looking for volunteers who're up for being filmed talking about the topical bunfights du jour -from swine flu to Cbeebies, nits to baby names, stretchmarks to Strictly...
(you get the picture, I'll stop now as I have a tendency to over-alliteratewink)

Please post here and let us know that you're up for it.

Thanks
Mumsnet DarkTowers winkgrinwink

choufleur Wed 28-Oct-09 19:08:13

where are you filming?

Mamazonabroomstick Wed 28-Oct-09 19:11:20

i would be. though i have no idea what MNTV actually is (just youtube clips?) and i am by far too fat to be on the style threads.

Mamazonabroomstick Wed 28-Oct-09 19:29:33

how would it work? would i have to sit n front of a camera and just wax lyrical about whatever?? i'd feel a twonk to start with then you;d not be able to shut me up.

or do we have to just give an overview of the threads about that subject?

do we get hair and make up?

can we interview fit rugby players? im sure they get nits what with all that time in a scrum. i could ask them, maybe see if they'll let me have a go at being in a scrum with them to see for myself....<<< Mamazon disapears into dreamworld>>>

ErikaMaye Wed 28-Oct-09 20:27:43

Mamazon you take that self-insult back right now, missy!!!!

I'm interested but shall wait for more infomation <snuggles up with back support cushion>

watsthestory Wed 28-Oct-09 20:31:16

Message withdrawn

BEAUTlFUL Wed 28-Oct-09 23:02:59

I'd love to do this! Yes please. Have done lots of TV filming and radio for my job and am good/funny/professional at it (know am bragging but don't care emoticon), plus of course I love MN. So yes! Sign me up.

IdrisTheDragon Wed 28-Oct-09 23:04:10

I have a bit of interest but would also like to know more.

CarmenSanDiego Wed 28-Oct-09 23:12:23

Oooh, can I be US correspondent?

JesusChristOtterStar Wed 28-Oct-09 23:23:21

I can be northern correspondent!

claraquack Thu 29-Oct-09 00:53:47

I can be Caribbean correspondent?

posieparksherbroom Thu 29-Oct-09 08:03:09

Love to, anytime. I'm in Bristol.

TrinityHasAVampireRhino Thu 29-Oct-09 08:17:15

I would but I look like the back end of a bus at the mo
have no money and would be scared

well im up for anything put me down

Stillsquaffingthesteamingblood Thu 29-Oct-09 08:36:01

Am up for this, available in London. But don't ask me not to be opinionated. You can catch up with me at the Xmas party on 28th if you want (I'll be the one sitting in the corner devouring the dregs)

rosieposey Thu 29-Oct-09 08:37:56

Ohhh mumsnet TV - count me in grin

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 29-Oct-09 08:47:56

Do you want a Swiss correspondent? There is a huge void in the style and razzamatazz dept in this country.

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 29-Oct-09 08:51:11

Can I be the weather girl?

whomovedmychocolatecookie Thu 29-Oct-09 08:59:38

Yep, I'll do it. I used to present TV for a while so I know what to do.

4GHASTLYGHOULSandnotout Thu 29-Oct-09 09:13:19

Can i do the big news stories from Norfolk?

"Mrs Swinton welcomes a new calf " that sort of thing? grin

theghastlyspectreoflissielou Thu 29-Oct-09 09:16:12

ooh, id be up for it, but is this another london based thing? I'm in the west mids!

I'd talk to you about how Wales is always left out of these things (someone who lives in Scotland can come and be bitter about thatwink)

HerBewitcheditude Thu 29-Oct-09 09:38:46

LOL at being the weather girl and northern correspondents.

Would we have to reveal our mumsnet identities? would we get to test free samples? um that's all the questions I can think of for now.

<Considers offering to be green goddess but rejects the idea when imagines sight of self in dodgy leotard>

AbricotsSecs Thu 29-Oct-09 09:50:00

Message withdrawn

Mamazonabroomstick Thu 29-Oct-09 09:59:51

ooooh are we gong to be "coverng" the Chrstmas meet? a red carpet entrance and shoutng at people as they walk in to get them to say two words to camera and then discussing where they got their outift?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now