Talk

Advanced search

TECH - Help! My MN is playing up and I don't know if it's you or my computer...

(24 Posts)
thumbscrewwitch Wed 28-Oct-09 17:05:07

When I click on various threads, or a name in Threads I'm On to go to a particular thread and place, I am getting a fairly frequent comment that the page is Out of Memory at Line xx. And then the page is closed down and recovered, with a message that there is a problem with the website.

Is it you? Or is my computer playing silly arses?

Ta for your help smile

thumbscrewwitch Wed 28-Oct-09 17:37:10

sorry, problem with the webpage, not site. Still hoping you can help...

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Oct-09 17:40:58

Hmm, well, we're not aware of any big problems this end, thumbscrewsitch, but we will look into it for you.

thumbscrewwitch Wed 28-Oct-09 17:45:08

ta muchly - I don't seem to be having problems with other webpages, only MN, but it still may be my 'puter so hope it works out.. smile

DevilsEnticeMadness Wed 28-Oct-09 18:16:18

I have been kicked out of mnet 5 times in the last 10mins. And it is only mnet that is the problem. It is beginnning to drive me mad.

Please pass tech some coffee and get him to feed the gremins some pumpkin to keep them out of the way!

thumbscrewwitch Wed 28-Oct-09 18:16:57

hmmm, most interesting - now my layout has changed rather dramatically! did you do that? or was that my computer as well?
It looks most odd...

thumbscrewwitch Wed 28-Oct-09 18:18:41

odd as in wrong, things in the wrong place, wrong fonts, icons gone missing, that kind of thing

paisleyleaf Wed 28-Oct-09 18:19:06

My colours and layout have changed and I couldn't get on for a bit.

thumbscrewwitch Wed 28-Oct-09 18:19:56

glad it's not just me then...

Littlefish Wed 28-Oct-09 18:20:18

I'm getting huge white spaces at the top of each page.

Inghouls2 Wed 28-Oct-09 18:21:36

ooo my colours, font and spacing are all over the place. I quite like it.

ThisPhantomPlopsPumpkins Wed 28-Oct-09 18:21:36

it's definitely broken!

Everything is in the wrong place and small!

MoreCrackThanHarlem Wed 28-Oct-09 18:22:07

Lots of black text and occasional blank pages here. It just looks all wrong <whines>

DevilsEnticeMadness Wed 28-Oct-09 18:22:52

Could someone go check whats happening. Mnets gone all weird and i am still getting kicked out.

Inghouls2 Wed 28-Oct-09 18:23:01

Why are you in black then Littlefish and DEM?

QuintessentialShadowsOfDoom Wed 28-Oct-09 18:23:04

Ooops, looks like all the posts I have done in the last 24 hours have evaporated!

Did the server crash and restart 24 hours earlier???

arolf Wed 28-Oct-09 18:24:21

same as littlefish - it's not the first time this has happened either

Itsthawooluff Wed 28-Oct-09 18:25:47

Maybe if we all cross our fingers and whisper "Help me Tech" three times - it will magically work?

No?? - well that pretty much amounts to the kind of tech advice I get from my employers IT department (apologies in advance to any MN'er who is a great and wonderful techie)

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Oct-09 18:26:47

Hello.

Yes, BigTech's just done a big release <ooeer, missus>

See Justine's post here

FlappyTheBat Wed 28-Oct-09 18:27:06

Have a weird font and getting message at bottom of pages on left hand side, saying how many messages there are in discussion and what page I am currently on??

Itsthawooluff Wed 28-Oct-09 18:28:54

Oh, you've "upgraded".

That explains why it isn't working properly now grin

DevilsEnticeMadness Wed 28-Oct-09 18:29:38

Ok now getting rather narked. it has taken several attempts to get 2 pics on profile and labelled. it is a tediaous job at the best but it gets to be a bit of a joke when you are being told that mn is broken every time you hit store or save.

No idea why in black. I have had type on top of type at the top of the page. I dont like this.

PLEASE FIX IT. Pretty please with a spider on top doing the hula!

differentWitch Wed 28-Oct-09 18:32:25

colours and layout are screwed to bits.

thumbscrewwitch Thu 29-Oct-09 00:10:09

you know, I feel a tad guilty, as though somehow this is my fault - it wasn't long after I started this thread that Tech did the New Dump Upgrade so I hope I didn't precipitate it

<<runs into Paranoid Corner and sits there cowering>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now