Talk

Advanced search

Controversial - Should new registrations be stopped for next two hours?

(6 Posts)
Madsometimes Fri 16-Oct-09 11:56:21

I just think the GB web chat will get swamped by journos and others with an axe to grind. Nothing wrong with newbies and non members taking a peek and lurking. It is for everyone to see.

MNers are a wide and diverse community, but I am concerned that others will take over.

I know this is probably a very non-Mumsnet sentiment, and I hate cliquiness, but it is only for two hours.

Just flame me if I am being silly. Go on, you have done it before and I can take it grin

<<Runs and hides behind sofa>>

wannaBe Fri 16-Oct-09 12:00:25

I imagine any journos are probably already registered tbh.

Madsometimes Fri 16-Oct-09 12:02:23

Probably you are right, certainly Daily Mail ones! There's always the nutters though!

FlamingoBingo Fri 16-Oct-09 12:02:28

Are MN going to collate all the proper questions? Has he got to work through all those pages of questions before he starts talking? He'll never have enough time to read and answer them all, and do a live webchat!

CMOTdibbler Fri 16-Oct-09 12:02:37

Think it would be sensible - there were a lot of people turned up for Ed Balls who aren't MNetters, just to push their agenda

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 16-Oct-09 15:25:52

Hi, we actually stopped new registrations for 24 hours - from the time we announced it yesterday - so all the questions were from people who were already registered. Thanks for the thought though smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now