Talk

Advanced search

Win a £250 shopping voucher by telling Uncle Ben's your tips and recipes that include sauces in jars

(48 Posts)
GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 12-Oct-09 13:59:55

Uncle Ben's® wants to collect your tips and recipes for using jarred sauces for family cooking and would like to put your questions to their registered dietician.

You can ask any food questions you have to Uncle Ben's dietician Juliette Kellow. These could be about, for example, cooking for your family in general, nutrition and kids, dieting and special diets as well as Uncle Ben's. Juliette is a registered dietician, works as a nutrition consultant and currently writes for many different magazines and newspapers.

You don't need to be a user of Uncle Ben's sauces, or indeed any sauces, to take part but we do ask that you are a parent of at least one child aged six months or older.

Everyone who completes this short survey will be entered into a prize draw to win £250 of vouchers for the store of their choice.

Thanks and good luck. MNHQ

Fluffypoms Mon 12-Oct-09 14:45:35

Done, and now i am hungry!

ChopsTheDuck Mon 12-Oct-09 14:52:17

Done.

Not sure I was the kind of response they were looking for though!

fillybuster Mon 12-Oct-09 15:03:43

Done. Like Chops, I don't think they were after the answers I gave...especially 'yes, I used jarred sauces because I make my own, jar them and freeze them....' grin Reckon I'm going to qualify for the draw? hmm

clayre Mon 12-Oct-09 15:12:05

i done it too, i shamefully loves jars of sauce blush

MmeGoblindt Mon 12-Oct-09 15:41:26

Done and now I want to make the recipe that I posted. Have not done it in ages.

LuluSkipToMyLou Mon 12-Oct-09 16:01:04

Mine would involve tipping the contents in the bin, and recycling the jar on the way to the shops to buy something tasty...

ChopsTheDuck Mon 12-Oct-09 16:02:06

lulu - you stole my 'top tip for jars' grin

whomovedmychocolate Mon 12-Oct-09 17:07:52

Sauce snobs wink

aristoBLACKcat Mon 12-Oct-09 17:09:58

done here toosmile

Doobydoo Mon 12-Oct-09 17:55:09

Done.

Mamazonabroomstick Mon 12-Oct-09 18:21:57

can you have a recipe for a jar of sauce?
sure;ly its just - open jar, pour on chicken/mince/beef/etc stick in oven
??

Katisha Mon 12-Oct-09 19:31:04

Yes exactly - I would have thought having a "recipe" that included sauce in a jar was defeating the object of buying it in the first place.

<Sits with sauce snobs>

NormaSknockers Mon 12-Oct-09 19:36:16

Done grin

Done.
Not sure my recipe counts! Spag bol is pretty basic using a jar!

MusterMix Mon 12-Oct-09 19:40:55

i filled it in

i never use jarred sauces.
th e onyl one is my oncea year loyd grossman sauce.
never do curry ones or anything elese

ew

4andnotout Mon 12-Oct-09 20:45:23

Argh my blasted jabby fingers accidently completed the survey before I had entered my email address, damn you Bill Gates and your touch screens angry

RealityBites Mon 12-Oct-09 20:45:44

Message withdrawn

RealityBites Mon 12-Oct-09 20:49:17

Message withdrawn

Lilymaid Mon 12-Oct-09 20:53:29

1. Buy jar of sauce because you are on holiday, might not have all ingredients and want to save time;
2. Start cooking and find yourself adding loads of vegetables etc - discovering that you don't need the sauce anyway;
3. Leave sauce for next people in cottage.

RealityBites Mon 12-Oct-09 20:56:40

Message withdrawn

hormonstersnomore Mon 12-Oct-09 21:29:44

grin Hahaha RealityBites

Jux Mon 12-Oct-09 21:32:24

I've done, but I only use one jarred sauce (hoi sin) about every 6 - 8 months.

TrickOrTrefusis Mon 12-Oct-09 22:00:49

I usually don't use them. But, as my two-hour-old marriage was once saved by two jars of cooking sauce, I'm less snobbish about them than I might have been. Even made up a recipe involving a "jar of mushroom and white wine sauce", which I assume must exist somewhere grin.

winestein Mon 12-Oct-09 23:07:52

Whilst I was tempted to give the recipe of tipping jar onto pasta and putting in the bin <high fives Realitybites> I suggested that the "best recipe using a jar of sauce" was some kind of oxymoron.

Betcha I don't win!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now