Advanced search

Why can't I move my profile?

(16 Posts)

I am trying to move the profile from JackBauer to my Halloween name but everytime I try it says
Couldn't find any profile for you.

What am I doing wrong?!

whomovedmychocolate Sat 10-Oct-09 19:29:54

I dunno but I can't do it either when I namechange so I've given up. I'll ask MNHQ to answer this for you though

Thanks wmmc. Is there a special way to get them to answer you

<<Peers through letterbox>>

whomovedmychocolate Sat 10-Oct-09 19:47:45

Yes - click on the exclamation mark next to your post - someone pops up and reads it, and answers quite quickly normally. Otherwise you linger in 'unanswered' for ages wink

Or you could just email them - that works too.

I didn't think about reporting post [thick] blush

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 11-Oct-09 00:09:59

I'm afraid we're going to have to get Tech to look at this for you on Monday. We'll report instructions/updates on this thread.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 11-Oct-09 08:50:21

Ta Rachel.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 13-Oct-09 10:20:58

Morning, JackBW.

You need to go here

Waah, it's still not working.
Whether I change JackBauer to JackBauWooohooohoowaaer or the other way round it still says it can't find a profile for me!

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 13-Oct-09 23:12:23

OK, so I can see your profile as JackBauWooohooohoowa.

Do you want to move it back to JackBauer?

<realises might be being dim emoticon>

JackBauer Tue 13-Oct-09 23:14:17

Hang on.

JackBauer Tue 13-Oct-09 23:16:34

It is the JackBauer profile I want to keep. I added photos to my halloween name as I was bored was doing important work.

In fairness though, it's not very clear so I am not sure what I am supposed to do....I have about 6 options for changing as it displays loads of namechanges I have made so I use the bottom one, shoudl I use the top one?

That makes no sense but I can't firgure out how to reword it. Sorrygrin

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 13-Oct-09 23:42:55

OK, we'll take a look for you in the morning, JB.

BigTech (MNHQ) Wed 14-Oct-09 11:01:26

Hello JackBauWooohooohoowaaer,

There doesn't seem to be a profile on JackBauer so maybe you can move a profile from one of the other names you have had a profile on.

I think I get it now. When I talk about the profile I mean my photos, not the blurb, which I dont fill out.
So does it only move the blurb bit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now