Talk

Advanced search

Why can't I move my profile?

(16 Posts)

I am trying to move the profile from JackBauer to my Halloween name but everytime I try it says
Couldn't find any profile for you.

What am I doing wrong?!

whomovedmychocolate Sat 10-Oct-09 19:29:54

I dunno but I can't do it either when I namechange so I've given up. I'll ask MNHQ to answer this for you though

Thanks wmmc. Is there a special way to get them to answer you

<<Peers through letterbox>>

Helllooooooooo?

whomovedmychocolate Sat 10-Oct-09 19:47:45

Yes - click on the exclamation mark next to your post - someone pops up and reads it, and answers quite quickly normally. Otherwise you linger in 'unanswered' for ages wink

Or you could just email them mailto:contact@mumsnet.com - that works too.

I didn't think about reporting post [thick] blush

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 11-Oct-09 00:09:59

I'm afraid we're going to have to get Tech to look at this for you on Monday. We'll report instructions/updates on this thread.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 11-Oct-09 08:50:21

Ta Rachel.

Thankssmile

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 13-Oct-09 10:20:58

Morning, JackBW.

You need to go here

Waah, it's still not working.
Whether I change JackBauer to JackBauWooohooohoowaaer or the other way round it still says it can't find a profile for me!

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 13-Oct-09 23:12:23

OK, so I can see your profile as JackBauWooohooohoowa.

Do you want to move it back to JackBauer?

<realises might be being dim emoticon>

JackBauer Tue 13-Oct-09 23:14:17

Hang on.

JackBauer Tue 13-Oct-09 23:16:34

It is the JackBauer profile I want to keep. I added photos to my halloween name as I was bored was doing important work.

In fairness though, it's not very clear so I am not sure what I am supposed to do....I have about 6 options for changing as it displays loads of namechanges I have made so I use the bottom one, shoudl I use the top one?

That makes no sense but I can't firgure out how to reword it. Sorrygrin

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 13-Oct-09 23:42:55

OK, we'll take a look for you in the morning, JB.

BigTech (MNHQ) Wed 14-Oct-09 11:01:26

Hello JackBauWooohooohoowaaer,

There doesn't seem to be a profile on JackBauer so maybe you can move a profile from one of the other names you have had a profile on.

I think I get it now. When I talk about the profile I mean my photos, not the blurb, which I dont fill out.
So does it only move the blurb bit?

<<doh>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now